Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Update Failed

(Topic created on: 21-06-2023 07:17 PM)
Trucker21
Explorer
Options

Updating to new firmware from 1403 to 1503 on my 55” BU8000. About 2gb of new software on flash drive inserted into back of tv goes up to 80% then failed, checked memory on tv and only 1.75gb available with only about 3 apps installed any ideas thanks 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried cleaning the storage in the device care setting
G G
0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Trucker21 you could try the Flash Reset as that should  increase your storage space. customers with storage issues on Smart Tv's have generally found this helps.

Under the Samsung logo on the TV you have a small black button about 2-3cm in from the bottom edge. With the tv turned on
1. press the button at the logo for 5-10 seconds
2. Release the button
3. press the powerbutton on the TV Remote for 5-10 seconds. Tv goes black and then restarts after a while. This is the flash reset and many customers found it provided a solution by increasing the available storage.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Trucker21
Explorer
Options

Appreciate that thank you will get back to you when I’ve tried later 

Trucker21
Explorer
Options

Perfect all done, luckily all my apps disappeared but when I reinstalled them they all had the content I had before, so just gonna see what’s new and what’s been updated, thanks again