Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55RU7470UXXU Freesat not working - UK

(Topic created on: 09-05-2020 08:09 PM)
Kamila86
Student
Options

Hi All, 

I just got above Samsung television. Main reason for the purchase was so that i cancel my sky contract and use freesat instead. 

I went through initial set up. All channel list is showing but when i choose a channel tv display 'services not available ' or ' no signal ' . Im super confused. Plus when im entering my post code it keep says its invalid. 

Please help! Im using already existing sky dish ( had sky q in the past) .

Thank you in advance 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
olivernblake
First Poster
Options

Hey Kamila - I’m having exactly this…did they ever get back to you??

thanks!

oli x

0 Likes
parv1
First Poster
Options

This should work for anyone who had Sky Q installed and has now cancelled the contract.

The LNB will not work so you will need to order a freesat/sky HD one from Amazon (roughly £15).  Assuming you can access the satellite dish, its a quick swap which will take 5-15 mins depending upon how confident you are doing it.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Members_UR7RPwc
First Poster
Options

I have same issue. Have skay dish and 2 cables were insearted directly in to the TV. It was working fine since december 2021 till past 2 weeks. And suddenly tv started showing no signals. Looks like its samsung TV issue because i have split cable from same cable attached to LG tv and those channels are working fine. My samsung tv model is Samsung qe55q80a. I would complain to samsung for that

0 Likes
MFox333
First Poster
Options

I'm in the exact same boat, just moved house and used to use an RF antenna at the old house for FreeView, new place just has two Sky cables with female twist-on connections. Plugged it directly in to my TV (QE55) and can only get any success with the 'Satellite' section of auto-tune. FreeSat just says no satellite signal. RF antenna is not an option for me. I don't understand why FreeSat doesn't work at all

0 Likes
Restless Native
First Poster
Options

Hi MFox.. did you find a solution to this? I've got exactly the same issues after moving house and now having a twin satalite cable.. it finds channels when i tune but then says the satalite cable is disconected when goin to the channels. 😫

0 Likes
EddieC
First Poster
Options

hi

had the same issue with my freesat enabled Samsung TV. tried the settings in the photo below and it retuned OK

IMG_6205.jpeg

0 Likes
MFox333
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately no, I gave up in the end and just watch on demand apps to watch catch up TV.

Not really in a position to go installing an antenna on the roof of this flat etc just not worth it at all.

0 Likes