Support

Open search

UE55RU7470UXXU Freesat not working - UK

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi All, 

I just got above Samsung television. Main reason for the purchase was so that i cancel my sky contract and use freesat instead. 

I went through initial set up. All channel list is showing but when i choose a channel tv display 'services not available ' or ' no signal ' . Im super confused. Plus when im entering my post code it keep says its invalid. 

Please help! Im using already existing sky dish ( had sky q in the past) .

Thank you in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Poster

@Kamila86 wrote:

Hi All, 

I just got above Samsung television. Main reason for the purchase was so that i cancel my sky contract and use freesat instead. 

I went through initial set up. All channel list is showing but when i choose a channel tv display 'services not available ' or ' no signal ' . Im super confused. Plus when im entering my post code it keep says its invalid. 

Please help! Im using already existing sky dish ( had sky q in the past) .

Thank you in advance 

Hi Kamil,

I have just come across your post while searching the exact same issue you are having. I have the same model TV as you and are unable to get the Freesat channels with a sky dish. It also keeps saying that my postcode is invalid when searching for channels. 

Did you manage to get this sorted out?

Thanks,

Matt

Highlighted

Hi Matt, 

Unfortunately not. Emailed freesat directly and awaiting response. 

Kamila 

Highlighted

@Kamila86 wrote:

Hi Matt, 

Unfortunately not. Emailed freesat directly and awaiting response. 

Kamila 

Thanks for your prompt reply Kamila. 
We have emailed Freesat too and are awaiting a reply. Let's hope this is something that is easily fixed. I have a feeling it might have something to do with the firmware. 

fingers crossed we don't wait for a reply too long. 

Matt. 

Highlighted

Sky Q uses a wideband LNB connection which might be why you don't receive channels through your tv, not sure if any TV's at the moment use wideband for Freesat. If you have access to your dish you can replace this LNB with a hybrid you can then run new cables to your tv for Freesat. If that isn't an option you can buy a wideband Freesat box which will use the existing Sky Q cables. Hope that makes sense but there are many reports on this on the net that can probably explain it better than I have!

Top Liked Authors