Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49KS8000 Not remembering separate HDR settings.

(Topic created on: 28-03-2017 08:40 PM)
Cliffeh
First Poster
Options

Is it true that this model of TV (the European version that is) doesn't remember the separate settings you use when you switch between a HDR and SDR source when using Game Mode?

I've only had the TV a few days and it's already getting annoying having to increase/decrease the Backlight, Contrast, and Colour Space every time. This seems really strange given that in Movie Mode it does this automatically.

I'm already considering sending the TV back under the Consumer Contracts Regulations (14 days to return something you don't want under UK Law) as I bought this to use with my PS4 Pro and I'm constantly having to do it.

Is this because I didn't buy one of your top-end sets, is it something only they do?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi there @Cliffeh,

Game Mode is designed to work this way.

When 'Game' mode is activated, it is left to the user to adjust the brightness according to the viewing length, conditions and parameters of the game. 

0 Likes
Cliffeh
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the Copy & Paste reply. 

Correction, Samsung's Game Mode seems to be designed that way. Other brands remember the altered settings when switching between HDR and a SDR picture. At least LG and Sony do anyway.

I've seen many other people complaining about the exact same issue and we get exactly the same Copy & paste response. Nice to know it's not something you'd be willing to implement in a further update, like your customers spending over a grand on your products would like and have asked for.

But you know, I suppose you're not interested once you've got our money. Luckily I'm still in the 14 day period. 

0 Likes