Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ue32t4307ak optical output

(Topic created on: 10-12-2020 10:09 AM)
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

I'm trying to connect an optical to Bluetooth adapter so I can use headphones with this TV

I've brought a "Ugreen Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter TVAudio Adapter aptX LL Digital Optical Toslink" which doesn't send audio, The headphones connect OK so it has to be an issue with the optical feed.

The suppliers had advised me:

Our product can only decode optical stereo (PCM format) and do not support multi-channel decoding such as Dolby/DTS.
We checked that your TV should support the Dolby Digital Plus sound system.

Can anyone advise what changes I need to make in the Settings | Sound settings that will allow this to connect as it seems ridiculous that you can't use the TV with headphones

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you changed the output to PCM on the TV?
0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

Yes done that, it makes no difference what I do with the settings, .

I've now tested the optical->Bluetooth adaptor on our LG TV & it works perfectly so it has to be an issue with the Samsung TV's optical output.

I was tempted to buy the equivalent LG, but chose the Samsung as I thought it would be better, at the moment I feel I made the wrong choice

I enclose a picture of all the options I can see in the Audio-Expert section, the adaptor vendor suggests I turn off the Dolby, but can't see how to do this.Samsung Audio Options.jpg

0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

Seems YET ANOTHER Samsung funny, the output doesn't work with all Fibre to Bluetooth adapters, finally found one which will accept the Optical output, but it shouldn't be that difficult, Samsung sucks in my opinion

0 Likes