Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV uncontrollable after software update

(Topic created on: 08-11-2021 12:29 PM)
Members_vniGosZ
Student
Options

My smart TV  updated its software this morning, and ever since it cannot be controlled with the remote. It will switch off and on, but will not change channel, and pressing the "settings" or "mute" button just brings up a message of "dual sound/ stereo".

I've changed the batteries in the remote but nothing is helping. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Members_vniGosZ
Student
Options

Actually, forget the above...I've sorted it using a "cold reboot" i.e. completely unplugging the set from the mains for a minute or so, then restarting. It really shouldn't take an hour of searching the internet, though, for this to be made known to customers.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_vniGosZ  Glad it is sorted,  yes in these circumstances best to try a cold reboot which will usually solve the issue.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Dwnif1
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have also received the 2101 update and since turn the tv off.. It cannot be turned on now. The standby LED flashes but no diaplay. How did you perform thw cold reboot? Is there another way to factory reset from the remote?

Thanks

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
  • Hi @Dwnif1oh right.   unfortunately you cannot perform a factory reset from the remote as such.  A cold reboot involves switching off from the mains-unplug. Give  it at least a few minutes before replugging.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes