Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Tuneing - Hundreds of Channels, all the same but different regions

(Topic created on: 21-10-2017 03:27 AM)
micky007
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I'm having real trouble trying to tune my TV correctly, i have the Samsung UE55JS9000 Smart TV. But everytime i tune my TV to find the channels its finding hundreds of channels even though i only select to find the Freeview channels. The smart hub is connected to my satellite as i dont have a TV aerial. My guess as to what is happening is its finding ALL channels on ALL Regions. So for example ITV Granada, ITV Border, ITV London etc.. and the same goes for other channels, like i have many different ITV +1, ITV2, BBC One, HD Channels, all with the same name.

Its really annoying and i cant find a way to fix the issue, can someone help me please. Below are the settings im using when tuning:

Aerial or Dish: Satellite

Aerial Connection Type: Dual

Channel Type: All (TV & Radio)

Satellite Selection: 2 Satellites (Astra 19.2E & Astra 28.2E)

Scan Scope: Free Channels Only

Please help me!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
micky007
Journeyman
Options
Just done a Re-Scan to see how many channels its actually adding and here is the result:

Digital - 769
TV - 650
Radio - 119
micky007
Journeyman
Options

Please can someone help as im really not happy with the support I've just been given. Support connected to my TV via the Remote Support and we reset the TV and even they tried to tune my TV. Even then they had the same issue as me where as the TV was finding hundreds of channels (98% of them being duplicates).

The support agent then said to me it looks like i need to pay to have a professional satelite engineer come out and look as she said its the satelite causing the problem. I told her the satelite was installed by a professional satelite installation company already. She then says its the satelite causing the problem.

Now i know for a fact its not the satelite causing the problem, its just a satelite dish, Samsung TV is the one searching for the channels via the Satelite not the Satelite itself. So how can it be a satelite problem, it works perfectly fine. I said to her its 100% not the satelite thats causing the issue, i said to her its Samsungs TV Firmware/Software thats causing the problem. Samsung needs to do it so it removes duplicate channels from the TV guide, it takes ages for me to find the right channel i want to watch because i have to scroll through 500+ channels. For example on the first page of the TV guide my first 7 channels are:

1) Channel 4

2) Channel 4

3) Channel 4

4) Channel 4

5) Channel 4

6) Channel 4

7) Film 4

She then told me that i would be better to ring Samsung Engineers to come out and look at the issue, i said to her is there a charge for this and she said yes but wasnt sure how much.

Why should i have to pay to get this fixed?! Its not my fault its Samsungs fault. Can someone please help as i dont know what to do next as im not paying for this to be fixed when its Samsungs issue and not mine!

micky007
Journeyman
Options
just as a note we also tried a different scan setting which was the following:

Aerial or Dish: Satellite
Aerial Connection Type: Single
Channel Type: TV
Satellite Selection: 1 Satellite (Astra 19.2E)
Clive3
First Poster
Options

Could you please let me know if you solved the problem. I have got the same issue with my tv

Redrooster
Explorer
Options

Change the first option from satellite to freesat and follow instructions. 

Redrooster
Explorer
Options
Settings/broadcasting/auto tuning/ press start then the first option aerial or dish. Change it to freesat.
Litte_Scrote
First Poster
Options

Thanks Redrooster, I had the same problem and your solution was spot on. Not obvious to do, so thanks for taking the time to post the solution.

0 Likes
MarkyP69
First Poster
Options

Changing the satellite option to Freesat did it for me.

Brilliant!  Very Happy:)

0 Likes