Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV suddenly has very low brightness and can't be changed

(Topic created on: 05-10-2023 03:52 AM)
Jerick
First Poster
Options

My mom's TV was working fine yesterday but, I turned it on today and it had a very dimmed screen,like it seemed like the TV was still turned off with the lights on type dim. I tried everything,unplugging and replugging,factory resseting the TV, trying to hard reset the TV, turning off settings that messed with the brightness in anyway, etc. Anyone here know a solution to this problem?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Check the display and eco settings, the latter does have an auto dim function, according to ambient light conditions.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Jerick
First Poster
Options

The TV doesn't come with any eco settings and I believe I did turn off anything that had to do with ambient lighting as well and it still stays dark.

0 Likes
Luke869
First Poster
Options

I have been having the same issue as well I have turned off all of the eco settings but the TV is still going very dim at random points

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Jerick: Please can you confirm the model number of the TV you're having issues with? This can be found on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Settings > Support > About This TV. 

If you have any external devices connected to the TV, then please be aware that some devices can enter an idle/power saving state when you don't interact with them for a certain time, and this can cause the screen to dim. With this in mind, please try interacting with the TV, and any connected devices, to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
Jerick
First Poster
Options

My mom has a model UN43TU7000FXZA,this is the model We're having problems with.

0 Likes
sadfsda
Student
Options

This happened to me too. Did you ever get a fix for it?

Zagnificent
First Poster
Options

This just started happening with my new Frame TV as well, and I've turned off all the eco/auto-dimming settings, and it is still occurring. 

sadfsda
Student
Options

Mine is so dim I can't even figure out how to get to the menu. I know it's on because I can hear it but other than that maybe once in awhile I can see a shadow or two if it's a bright scene. It's unuseable. I guess Ill just get a different brand from now on, this is frustrating.

GMHGMH
First Poster
Options

Samsung - THIS IS A PROBLEM.  BRIGHTNESS does not change when you slide the Brightness from 0 to 5.  This is a problem with SO MANY OF OUR TVs.  

We should all file action with the state attorney generals and make sure that everyone knows that SAMSUNG TVs are garbage.  TWO of my frames have this problem.  

THIS IS HORRIBLE.  

FIX THE PROBLEM

0 Likes