Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

TV suddenly has very low brightness and can't be changed

(Topic created on: 05-10-2023 03:52 AM)
Jerick
First Poster
Options

My mom's TV was working fine yesterday but, I turned it on today and it had a very dimmed screen,like it seemed like the TV was still turned off with the lights on type dim. I tried everything,unplugging and replugging,factory resseting the TV, trying to hard reset the TV, turning off settings that messed with the brightness in anyway, etc. Anyone here know a solution to this problem?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Check the display and eco settings, the latter does have an auto dim function, according to ambient light conditions.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Jerick
First Poster
Options

The TV doesn't come with any eco settings and I believe I did turn off anything that had to do with ambient lighting as well and it still stays dark.

0 Likes
Luke869
First Poster
Options

I have been having the same issue as well I have turned off all of the eco settings but the TV is still going very dim at random points

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Jerick: Please can you confirm the model number of the TV you're having issues with? This can be found on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Settings > Support > About This TV. 

If you have any external devices connected to the TV, then please be aware that some devices can enter an idle/power saving state when you don't interact with them for a certain time, and this can cause the screen to dim. With this in mind, please try interacting with the TV, and any connected devices, to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
Jerick
First Poster
Options

My mom has a model UN43TU7000FXZA,this is the model We're having problems with.

0 Likes
sadfsda
First Poster
Options

This happened to me too. Did you ever get a fix for it?

0 Likes
Zagnificent
First Poster
Options

This just started happening with my new Frame TV as well, and I've turned off all the eco/auto-dimming settings, and it is still occurring. 

0 Likes
sadfsda
First Poster
Options

Mine is so dim I can't even figure out how to get to the menu. I know it's on because I can hear it but other than that maybe once in awhile I can see a shadow or two if it's a bright scene. It's unuseable. I guess Ill just get a different brand from now on, this is frustrating.

0 Likes