Did you mean: 

Original topic:

TV Sound issue distortion vibration QN900a and other models

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 09:47 PM)
Jay47
Journeyman
Options
TV
Good evening all. I am reaching out to you all for help and support please. I don't know where to go. I have the QN900a TV within warranty and only 10 months old. I am aware this model and others QN800a and QN700a have had sound issues. The speakers on the back of the TV vibrate the back plastic panel so the sound is awful and distorted. Samsung have issued a service bulletin to Martin Dawes and the PEQ has been changed to value 1 (they also tried value 2 but that was worse) The sound issue is now worse than it was. The vibration and distortion is still present when any bass is played but now the sound is so tinny you just can't listen to it. It seems they have just tried to remove any bass from the TV. I raised another case to Samsung today because it's not fixed and not acceptable and the case has been closed down again. No contact made to myself and Samsung and Martin Dawes are saying the sound is within specification. The sound is not as described on the Samsung website selling the TV as 'Incredible audio'. This has been going on for 4 months now and Samsung and Martin Dawes are not taking my case serious. I think this is unfixable. It's a design issue. I suspect the QN900b will also have the same problem. Can someone help me please. Who else has had issues please. It was suggested at one point I purchase a sound bar but for a TV costing £6000 10 months ago I shouldn't be being asked to use a sound bar. I really hope someone sees this that can help me. I have lost all faith now in Samsung Customer Support and Technical Helpdesk and the Case Handlers. My next step will be a complaint to the CEO as I can't see where else to go next. I'm still open to communication from Samsung but I'm at the stage now I just want my money back and I am speaking to a solicitor and citizen advice bureau.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Jay47
Journeyman
Options
TV
I have the model QE65QN900ATXXU. Reading other AV forums and also international Samsung community pages it seems to be a known issue. My TV has had this issue since I purchased this and I have asked Samsung and Martin Dawes for a copy of this service bulletin. This is not a 'fix' it just tries to remove any kind of bass from the TV but I still have the vibration as well as just a tinny sounding TV now. It's not what you would expect from Samsung or from a £6000 TV..
0 Likes
Astroid
First Poster
Options
TV

Mine was doing the same exact thing.  So I went behind it and held a speaker and it stopped.  Then I noticed one cable was lightly touching one of the speakers.  I moved the cable away from the speakers and it sounds great now.  The slightest thing touching the speaker will cause this problem.  I hope this helps everyone!!