Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Sound issue distortion vibration QN900a and other models

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 10:05 PM)
Jay47
Explorer
Options
Good evening all. I am reaching out to you all for help and support please. I don't know where to go. I have the QN900a TV within warranty and only 10 months old. I am aware this model and others QN800a and QN700a have had sound issues. The speakers on the back of the TV vibrate the back plastic panel so the sound is awful and distorted. Samsung have issued a service bulletin to Martin Dawes and the PEQ has been changed to value 1 (they also tried value 2 but that was worse) The sound issue is now worse than it was. The vibration and distortion is still present when any bass is played but now the sound is so tinny you just can't listen to it. It seems they have just tried to remove any bass from the TV. I raised another case to Samsung today because it's not fixed and not acceptable and the case has been closed down again. No contact made to myself and Samsung and Martin Dawes are saying the sound is within specification. The sound is not as described on the Samsung website selling the TV as 'Incredible audio'. This has been going on for 4 months now and Samsung and Martin Dawes are not taking my case serious. I think this is unfixable. It's a design issue. I suspect the QN900b will also have the same problem. Can someone help me please. Who else has had issues please. It was suggested at one point I purchase a sound bar but for a TV costing £6000 10 months ago I shouldn't be being asked to use a sound bar. I really hope someone sees this that can help me. I have lost all faith now in Samsung Customer Support and Technical Helpdesk and the Case Handlers. My next step will be a complaint to the CEO as I can't see where else to go next. I'm still open to communication from Samsung but I'm at the stage now I just want my money back and I am speaking to a solicitor and citizen advice bureau.
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Jay47
Explorer
Options
I have the model QE65QN900ATXXU. Reading other AV forums and also international Samsung community pages it seems to be a known issue. My TV has had this issue since I purchased this and I have asked Samsung and Martin Dawes for a copy of this service bulletin. This is not a 'fix' it just tries to remove any kind of bass from the TV but I still have the vibration as well as just a tinny sounding TV now. It's not what you would expect from Samsung or from a £6000 TV..
0 Likes
Astroid
Student
Options

Mine was doing the same exact thing.  So I went behind it and held a speaker and it stopped.  Then I noticed one cable was lightly touching one of the speakers.  I moved the cable away from the speakers and it sounds great now.  The slightest thing touching the speaker will cause this problem.  I hope this helps everyone!!

alesk76
Apprentice
Options

I have model NEO 8K QLED QN900B and I have now by mistake come and see this page.. I have to tell that I have the same problem for months and I busting my head what is wrong... only when bass come ot in some sequences... I have change from 1 to 2 and back but all the time the same problem... but ironic is that I have looking annswer for my NEP MOnitor 49'' Curved which cracking in freq inside... (a lot of people have the same problem too on redit)   and find out that i have now two problems ... also with TV ....

Both Samsung Monitor and TV both high end product with that kind of problems.... 😞 not to mentioned how much money did I spend for them.... 😞 

Please for fast replay and solution.... 

Jay47
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the note. I am glad to say I won in the end and Samsung gave me a full refund of £6000 after 11 months of fighting them. It's a know common issue on the QN models, A and B. It's a design issue and not a software issue. I will never buy another Samsung product again after what I had to go through. In the end I had to escalate up the chain within the authorised service centre/Martin Dawes. They then took the case into Samsung at a high level. I even emailed the CEO and didn't even receive a reply from that team that look after the CEO emails. Never again. I also bought direct from Samsung which was a massive mistake. I will also purchase via a 3rd party now like John Lewis or Currys. I've switched to the latest Sony QD-OLED now and it's the best TV I have ever owned. Amazing picture and sound. All I can say is keep fighting Samsung.. Don't back down and push for a full refund. I sent Samsung about 9 or 10 other examples of the same issue for many people from all the different AV forums and they still said there was no issue. I was lucky with Martin Dawes that they agreed with me and they escalated it on my behalf. Good luck and keep me updated and let me know if I can help further
0 Likes
Rachel Gomez
Journeyman
Options

While smart TVs have similar features, their audio settings and the way you fix them vary slightly from brand to brand. But our experts' tips below should help you recover the sound on your device.

Increase the volume on the TV and/or your connected media device (streaming player, Blu-ray player, cable or satellite box, etc.).
Check the audio settings on your TV and connected devices.
Turn off and unplug your TV and connected devices.
Inspect the TV cables and ports, then check the ones on your devices as well. Are they connected correctly and firmly? Is there any dust or debris in the ports? If so, it may have been an issue with the HDMI sound not working on the TV.
Swap out the media device for another one, or change the TV's speaker output to the internal speakers to see if it fixes the sound.
If the problem involves one of your connected devices, check its audio settings. Turn it off and unplug it for at least 10 seconds. Repeat steps 4 and 5 on this device, then plug it back in and turn it on. Install any software updates that are available, and if you still don't hear sound, connect this device to another TV or do a factory reset.
Check for and install any software updates for the TV, then retest the sound.
Reset the TV back to its factory settings.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

0 Likes
alesk76
Apprentice
Options

Hi Rachel Gomez,

As I wrote above, there is only a TV on the wall. No other devices are connected to the TV. I tried to run the factory settings first, because I work in the IT sector and I know fore ... go to factory settings.. update the firmware .... all this was done but still the vibration appears on the back of the TV only if it is a little more present bass. The TV has two setting options, i.e. normal and amplified sound.. I must not set it to amplified sound, because otherwise there is really damage and non-stop vibration... at the intensity level from 1 to 100 already at 7/8 .... As I am I read all over the forums, this is a very well-known Samsung error on several different series of Samsung TVs, and this shouldn't happen with a €6,000 TV... not even under miscellaneous... Fortunately, the service responded to me and they ordered new speakers right away but I very much doubt that it will solve the situation... judging by the forums, Samsung refunded the money to the people and they went to Sony, where now they don't have any more problems... here the problem is only in poor execution and with that the TV is very thin there is a vibration on the back side and if you put your hand on the back side you can also feel it... and it is very annoying especially at the price of €6000

0 Likes
alesk76
Apprentice
Options

Hi to all,

I have to say that my Samsung model 65 NEO QN900A was changed with brand new model QN900B but after 1-2 week of useing under the same conditions as  before QN900B ... it was on the wall... this vibration distortions when in the movie bass came again... in the begining when I get it was fine but now after 1-2 week of useing problem persist...  

0 Likes
alesk76
Apprentice
Options

Greetings,

As I already wrote above, even replacing it with a newer model did not eliminate the sound error that was already occurring with the previous model...
I partially fixed this error myself with the help of a friend who is a foam cutter... he cut a few pieces of foam that I then installed between the TV and the wall (the TV is mounted on the wall)... That solved the problem , so now I can have it set to amplified mode and it doesn't rattle, because the foam dampens the vibrations of the case, because there is an amplified sound and the case vibrated...
I have attached the pictures and we used a slightly harder piece of foam, which can then be cut as needed :winking-face:

ATTENTION FOR SAMSUNG Support:
-With the QN900A model, I could record channels on an external SSD disk
(recording, timeshifting... ) and then watched
- Now with the new model QN900B this is no longer possible ???
Please provide an explanation or a solution

The QN900B model still has a problem with the sound, where a slightly more pronounced bass appears ....viber_image_2023-03-07_13-12-55-427.jpgviber_image_2023-03-07_13-12-55-480.jpgviber_image_2023-03-07_13-15-12-821.jpg

0 Likes
Eagor2
Student
Options

Hi, I purchased the Samsung QE65QN800ATXXU last April and have the same issue as everybody else here is describing. I purchased this from Currys who were offering such a discount on an 8K set that it seemed a no brainer to purchase. However, from the minute it was set up it was obvious that there there was something seriously wrong with this set as the vibrations were horrendous. We went back to Currys who at the time gave us the option of a refund or a replacement set. Not knowing about the issues being reported here, we opted for a replacement set on the presumption that this was an isolated issue with this particular set as my other Samsung 4K TV albeit now seven years old is in perfect working order. Low and behold a replacement set was not forthcoming and Currys was not going to get any more of this model and know I know why. Samsung have gone out of their way to be obstructive and continually stated that there was no fault and that the TV was working within the 'prescribed parameters' despite not seeing it or more importantly, hearing it. Eventually, I was asked to submit a video to show what the issue was which I did. Despite the sound distorting horribly at the low end frequency, a Samsung representative called me told me in no uncertain terms that this was perfectly acceptable and there was no issue with the set. Following numerous complaints, an engineer was sent to investigate. Showing my age here but In my day, when someone came to fix an expensive item, they would turn up with a bag of tools ready to do the job. This engineer turned up with a remote control and a mobile phone. After demonstrating the issue, the engineer told me that this was a common occurrence and Samsung had deemed it not to be a fault despite the clearly obvious sound problems but have issued a 'bulletin' to address the issue which the engineer accessed on their phone, tapped a few number into the remote and accessed the 'engineers' menu, changed a value in the set up and within less that two minutes told me that he was done without even having touched the TV. Before they left, tested it to make sure it was fixed and low and behold it wasn't. the engineer did exactly the same thing again with the same result. We were told that a report would be filed and that we would receive a copy which we did, jut a few lines to say the bulletin instructions had been followed and the 'issue still persists'. I didn't realise at the time that Samsung deem 'issue still persists' as meaning  that this is as good as it's going to get so lump it and have continually told Currys that the distortion is within their 'specifications' is not classed as a fault. I know now that this obviously means, we have had your money, we don't care and we are not going to do anything about. I'm still a little hazy on the issues here where an expensive product can be manufactured, presumably their is a manufacturers specification which is tested to ensure that the product works properly and that includes an audio test as well as a visual test as in 'award winning sound and vision' which is an absolute joke here. Assming this is the 'spec' they keep rereferring to, what spec then is the  bulletin alert ? and when that is changed, what then is the resulting spec when it still doesn't work? My interpretation here is that 'award' wining sound is not longer the object of the game and this would seem to be sell more sound bars . If anyone from Samsung actually reads this, perhaps they could contact me to advise how best I can help spread the word that you don't case about your customers.  If terrible sound is what Samsung expect people to put up with if they chuck away a couple of thousand pound on a TV, I expect this to become part of the marketing strategy. How about, award willing picture but forget about the sound, it doesn't matter . Meanwhile, Currys have been less than helpful themselves as they fall back on the adage that if Samsung say there is not fault, there there is no fault with their 'second level' complaints team telling me in writing that I could return the set to the store I bought if from for repair and If they couldn't do it, for a credit note or exchange. They then retracted the offer after I attended the store to make further enquiries , luckily I didn't take the set with me . After more complaints, another offer was made in writing to repair the set which was withdrawn within the hour. You just can't make this stuff up, you pay a premium price for an item which quite clearly has a fault (Samsung, FYI if you need to issue a bulletin to fix something that has left the factory floor and caused a number of customer complaints, it''s a FAULT) but there is nothing you can do about this when Samung say, not its not a fault because we say so.  You should be ashamed to put product like this into the market place so again, Samung if you are reading this, work with me to help spread the word that buying LG, Panasonic or Sony is the way forward as quality control is not your middle name nor is customer service.