Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV repeatedly turns on and off with blank screen

(Topic created on: 19-12-2020 11:16 PM)
R0
Student
Options
Hi all, 

I purchased a Samsung ue75nu8000 TV 2 years ago - it's been working absolutely fine but today it started to display flickering horizontal lines. After an hour or so of this the screen shut down all of a sudden. Now the TV doesn't even turn on properly. 

I have disconnected the power supply for 20mins and tried reconnecting. When I do, the TV makes a sound and appears to switch on but then turns off, and then turns back on. This happens repeatedly with no actual display on the screen, just a black screen that looks lit up before it suddenly turns off again.

I have tried to call technical support who were not able to help at all. I cannot access the TV menu as the screen isn't actually turning on long enough.

Can anyone help?!
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @R0 

It does sound as though your TV will need an engineer's inspection. You can find your nearest Service Centre here.

R0
Student
Options
thanks @ChrisM, I called them up and essentially they said I need to replace the entire screen and the powerboard.. given its a 75inch thats going to be just as expensive as the TV!
0 Likes