Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 11-09-2022 10:11 AM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
tonywebb
Journeyman
Options

From samsung. They don’t let us turn it off

0 Likes
Members_Pv266Kw
First Poster
Options

Samsung TV plus flat out ruins my user experience with the samsung freestyle.

i will never buy a screen from samsung again 

Noodlemama
First Poster
Options

This is, strangely not helping my issue. I wanted to block the ability to watch broadcasted TV - I found that removing the channels did not stop Samsung tv plus from appearing on the home screen, and did not stop the live tv from jumping in when it was left idle for too long or on turning the tv on.

The work around I found was to reinstall the channel list and then in the channel edit option select all, and lock them down with a PIN number. I then set the tv source to antennae (which I don’t have so it just produces an error screen if anyone tries to use it) then I removed the live tv app and the Samsung tv plus app from the shortcuts on the Home Screen. 

I haven’t yet found a way to stop the Samsung tv plus app from appearing in the ‘recent’ box, but at least it just shows a generic colour lock background, and not the content I don’t wish to see. I’m hoping that with regular use the ‘recent’ box will be filled with something other than the dreaded app 😅

Hope this helps someone :smiling-face:

tara123456
First Poster
Options
Kk
0 Likes