Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv not turning on

(Topic created on: 13-04-2023 11:38 AM)
Vickie Knight
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung UE65TU7100 TV that’s around 2 and a half years old. Around 6 months ago the standby button would start flashing every so often and the TV wouldn’t turn on, and as the months have gone by it’s been getting worse. The past month the TV has turned itself off, once while watching the TV and three times whilst on the PS5. Once the light stops flashing and is constantly on, the TV does come on and works. Sometimes the light isn’t on at all for a while either.

What I’ve tried to fix it- -Hard reset on the TV -Hard reset on the remote -Brand new power supply plug -Brand new HDMI for the PS5

Any other suggestions or do I book for a repair? Will it be expensive?

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Vickie Knight: Does the TV switch off after a certain amount of time (such as 4 hours), or is it random? To troubleshoot the issue, try connecting the TV to another plug outlet to see if this helps. Furthermore, head to Home > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now, to ensure that the TV is on the latest software. 

Although it's not likely, please can you also ensure that the remote is in sight, and not being accidentally pressed. 

0 Likes
Vickie Knight
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your response Andrew! I’ve gone to the software part and it says the current version is 2400 and there are no new updates, it’s also set to auto update too. I’ve made sure there’s nothing blocking the remote and it’s always just on the table, I’ve also changed the batteries to make sure it wasn’t that. Would a factory reset make any difference? When it’s turned itself off the first time it was random, when I’ve been on the PlayStation it’s been about an hour into gaming each time, so I thought it might have been a dodgey HDMI cable but after I bought a new one it’s made no difference.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Vickie Knight: Thank you for trying those steps for me. If the issue is persistent, then a factory reset may help to address any current software issues that might be a contributing factor. 

To perform a factory reset, please head to Home > Settings > General > Reset > Enter your PIN (default is 0000) > Reset.

You'll need to run through the initial set-up stage after the reset process has completed, but if you skip any of the stages then you can regain access to them via Home > Source > Tap the upward directional button > TV > Tap Up again > Setup TV. 

Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Vickie Knight
Apprentice
Options

I did the factory reset and there was no standby light for about 10 minutes then it started to flash for about 5 minutes then it finally came on constantly red. I think it might be time to book the repair?

0 Likes