Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not connecting to soundbar via bluetooth

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 06:25 PM)
Members_0MNdoB9
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I have a samsung soundbar HK-650w that was connected to my Samsung TV UE65KS8000 via bluetooth.  The TV no longer detects the soundbar and fails to connect on Bluetooth.  I've updated the firmware on the soundbar and also the TV still no luck.  I've removed the soundbar from the TVs bluetooth list and when I've tried to pair it, it cannot find the soundbar at all.  Individually both soundbar connects to my Samsung mobile (Note 10+ 5g) so bluetooth is working on both on the soundbar but pairing TV/mobile fail.

TV and soundbar on optical work fine but the stupid timeout on the soundbar means I'm having to switch it on everytime I pause it as it times out after just a few mins, even after the firmware update

Is this a repair job or is there anything i can try with the TV to get the BT working?

Thanks 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may be helpful to you

How to connect a Soundbar to the TV using Bluetooth

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-connect-a-soundbar-to-the-tv-using-bluetoot...
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_0MNdoB9  Is the model HW-k650?   Anyway could try to reset by pressing and holding  the fast forward button or play/pause for 5 seconds.  other ideas other than those provided in other  link   would be to reboot both Sound Bar and Tv and factory resetting Tv.

If it is HW-650 some troubleshooting here https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201703/20170320114806093/HW-K650_K651_ZA_170111.pdf 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_0MNdoB9
First Poster
Options

Hi thanks for your replies and I've looked at the info you indicated.  I previously had the soundbar working fine.  I've tried the factory reset of both TV and soundbar.  After factory reset, I can get the Soundbar to work fine with my mobile but the TV doesn't recognise it.  Similarly my TV and phone won't connect via bluetooth (they used to).  So the common denominator is the TV.  Any other options I could try?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Members_0MNdoB9  A few suggestions, firstly  you could try a Cold Reboot by unplugging Tv  from mains and holding down the Power Button for 30 seconds and then  connecting again. This method can restore default Boot options.   

You could also ensure BT Audio is enabled in the Service Menu.  However only do so if confident and ensure you do not change  anything in error.Turn Tv off and with a standard Remote enter the following sequence of keys  Mute,1,8,2,Power. Alternative option is  Info,settings.Mute,power.  if successfully enter  service Menu check  option-Engineering option-BT Audio. see some information here https://en.alfanotv.com/smart-home/how-to-access-samsung-smart-tv-service-menu/ 

However possibility there is a hardware issue.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes