Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Best firmware for Q7FN (2018)?

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 12:35 PM)
caboomgr
Pioneer
Options

Hello all,

I currently have the firmware 1300.3 and I haven't updated to any of the new ones on purpose because as we all know, Samsung always introduces new bugs in each new firmware and breaks core functionality to keep things spicy :smiling-face:

So my question. Having in mind the usual problems that new firmwares have (differences in brightness nits, local dimming bugs with subtitles, weird resolutions overscan, youtube app not playing 4k, grey uniformity problems etc etc) which is the best firmware right now to upgrade to?

I would really appreciate it if you have tested the firmware in the above aspects and share your thoughts before I try to upgrade again and not be able to downgrade.

Regards

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Blackkaizer007
Journeyman
Options

I have a Q8CN with the latest update 1325 and the truth is that it got worse visually, I saw the obi-wan series on Disney plus and it's quite cheeky how grainy it looks, before everything looked super sharp but now, something happened that you can see all grainy and smudged, I have *digital clear view* on but it doesn't do anything.... Don't update.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @caboomgr 

Whilst we understand your concerns regarding this, we would always recommend that you upgrade to the latest software version available for your TV, when it becomes available. We can see that the software for your particular model, was updated in September last year to version 1320.4. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
caboomgr
Pioneer
Options

Hi Chris,

No offense, but Samsung has a *really* bad reputation with firmware updates and yes, there are good firmwares and bad ones. If you need proof for that you can do a quick search to see how thousands of people are frustrated that their TV does not perform like their previous firmware does.

And of course you know that you cannot downgrade.

So, assuming I take your advice and I update to the latest firmware and my TV somehow becomes worse, what should I do? Call Samsung and wait for months until they fix this the only way they can, which is to replace my one connect box's mainboard with a one that has previous firmware? (yes I have been down that road before and I even hired lawyer to convince Samsung to replace my TV with a brand new one because of this)

No... I want to hear people's opinion and not a forum moderator's. Again no offense, but I will be the one who will end up with a bad TV.

So, anyone has noticed anything bad in the latest firmware? Or even better, anyone has an opinion on which firmware is the best?

Regards

0 Likes
Solution
Blackkaizer007
Journeyman
Options

I have a Q8CN with the latest update 1325 and the truth is that it got worse visually, I saw the obi-wan series on Disney plus and it's quite cheeky how grainy it looks, before everything looked super sharp but now, something happened that you can see all grainy and smudged, I have *digital clear view* on but it doesn't do anything.... Don't update.