Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV losing Wifi - Instant On not accessible

(Topic created on: 23-12-2019 10:19 AM)
wanstronian
Apprentice
Options

Hi folks,

I have a UE40NU7120, connected to my router via wifi. Or, sort of.

Every time I switch the TV on from standby, it's lost the wifi network, and takes several minutes to re-acquire. This is not acceptable performance for a TV.

I've heard about disabling "instant on," but all the guides regarding that show a menu system that doesn't match my TV. When I hit the Settings button I get the following menu options: Picture, Sound, Broadcasting (greyed out), General and Support. "Instant on" is not available under any of those options.

Can anybody advise how I get this TV to work the way it should?

Thanks

W

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@wanstronian: If you connect the TV to your router and then go to Settings > General > Network > Network Status, do you get any error messages?
0 Likes
wanstronian
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew,

I'll have to give that a try. The TV is wall-mounted at the other end of the house from the router, so not a quick thing to plug directly. I have a roll of CAT5 somewhere though so I'll make up a cable when I get some time!

0 Likes
dpc
First Poster
Options
did you ever solve this? It's still happening on my ue40nu7120. About every 3rd or 4th time I turn on the tv I have to restart it several times to get it to connect to the wifi. ;-/
0 Likes
wanstronian
Apprentice
Options

No, I spoke at length to someone at Samsung and went through various procedures. Nothing made a difference. It's a fundamental flaw in the TV. The guy at Samsung agreed it should probably be returned, but as I already had it mounted on the wall I just couldn't be bothered. I just use the long press on the remote to do a hard switch-on every time, and it's the last Samsung TV I'll ever buy.