Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv keeps reverting to terrestrial input source from freesat source

(Topic created on: 02-12-2022 11:36 PM)
rogerd
First Poster
Options

I recently purchased a  Samsung UE50 TU8507UXXU tv, which has both satellite and terrestrial receivers, as I have a better picture and greater channel choice I chose the satellite input. However if anyone in the family opens the apps and selects “Samsung Tv Plus” and chooses a channel to watch, when finished and returning back to “Tv mode” the input has been changed from satellite to terrestrial mode, I then have to go through the setting sequence again each time to change it back to satellite input (freesat). 
has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to stop it happening?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Jody Flint
First Poster
Options

I really wish this had an answer, as it’s the issue I have.

0 Likes
sflsgd
First Poster
Options

same issue here - drives me nuts

0 Likes
Chris JH
Journeyman
Options

Same here. I've unplugged the terrestrial aerial and just use Freesat.  

0 Likes
knugs21
First Poster
Options

I have this problem too but can't get any help from samsung

0 Likes
Terry63738
Apprentice
Options
Me too Samsung Frame 43" 2021
0 Likes
Terry63738
Apprentice
Options
Literally just solved it. You just need to switch back to freesat. You do this by selecting live Tv app, which currently has no signal. Push the channel select button to bring up the Tv guide. Then press the little button with coloured spots on twice. From there select Aerial type and choose freesat. Not really much of a shortcut, but hopefully answers your issue.
asdr14
First Poster
Options

Hi Terry, I don't think you give yourself any credit mate. That is exactly what I would describe as a shortcut. It took me about 10 secs to resolve this after I saw your msg as I had accidentally pressed the Samsung TV Plus button on my remote. The other way is to retune the TV set which includes wiping your list of favourites and having to figure out how to set your TV up again - 30 mins work at the very minimum. Things like Channel 4 HD are channel 126 so you need to create a favourites list and put everything in the order you want. So you saved me a bunch of time and now I know what to do in future. Anyone else with this problem, Terry above here has figured out how to resolve the problem in seconds, just go into TV Guide, press the 123 button on your remote, move left to the 123 button on the screen and press that which opens up 3 more options. Press the middle one that says Aerial and you can switch between Aerial and Satellite - Awesome. Thanks for figuring it out and taking the time to let the let the rest of us know. Well done!! Cheers Pal, Chris

Terry63738
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your kind words. Glad it helps as I like you was pulling my hair out constantly retuning.
0 Likes
Spydersweb
First Poster
Options

It’s an absolute nightmare not being able to have this stuff documented well enough.  I concur your message was an amazing find just when I needed it.  Saves having to rescan for a satellite signal. 

0 Likes