Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 25-09-2019 11:51 AM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
Varn
First Poster
Options

I've had my QN65 for about 2.5 years now.  Recently upgraded to a QN 75 so I moved the 65 out of the living room and into my bedroom.  I placed it on a dresser for a few weeks until I had time to wall mount it (it's never been wall mounted before).  I never had any issues with the TV at all.  That is UNTIL I wall mounted it.  The very next day I found that it was losing it's wifi connection.  In fact it was losing it's ability to see any wifi networks at all.  The only thing that would fix it was unplugging it and plugging it back in.  Resetting to factory defaults and resetting the network settings didn't help.

A few days ago I tried what someone else recommended....I manually assigned an IP to the TV and it hasn't lost connection since.  I'm hedging my bets though...bought a wireless extender I can hard wire into the TV's ethernet port as a worst case scenario.

0 Likes
Jimdong
First Poster
Options

My issue is different.  The 8 series Samsung TV looses its connection to my nighthawk wireless router. Turning the tv of or even resetting it to factory didn't work.  I MUST reboot my modem in order for the Samsung tv to find it. All other TVs, and devices have no issue. The solution for me is simple.  I'll never buy another TV from Samsung. LG is my new go too.   End of story. 

0 Likes
Lodge1
First Poster
Options

I found the solution, sell the TV on Kijiji or facebook market place and buy an LG or Sony, or a TCL or a Roku, Or the cheapest Tv you can off Aliexpress and this will never happen again to you, Even with a full on Cisco enterprise grade network with Wireless lan controllers a 100 plus access points Wifi6, enterprise grade routers and switches this Samsung TV is trash, fortunately you can simply ban the MAC address from the network so they never connect and then ridicule the ***** that bought a Samsung TV, they are right up on the list of the lanfill top ten, along with there Fridges, especally if you have an inverter model (good luck getting a replacement compressor they are two years backordered ) and there washing machines (get ready for the flood, you might want to get a smartthing flood sensor, oh right they screwed that up to), you know Samsung used to make things that worked and lasted but in the last decade it's all trash.  

0 Likes
cmc29
First Poster
Options

Factory default settings reset does not fix the problem.  I have  75" 7 Series UA75RU7100XXY.  The picture quality is great the sound is really good for the TV but the OS included by Samsung is beyond appalling.
There is no crossover between the Ethernet & WiFi connection even if it is the same network.
Samsung requires a password protected WiFi to even be able to cast to the TV.  "Samsung TV does not have a setting where you can turn it off."
I highly recommend the use of a 4K Apple TV for any casting or streaming as the OS of this Samsung TV is just a piece of junk.
If you want a better TV OS look to anther brand as Samsung are just not willing to invest in their internal infrastructure.

I bought this TV for the size and picture quality but had I know about the ***** internals and OS I definitely would have bought another brand.
The days of hassle in trying to get this to do what it should do out of the box is just time and $$ I will never get back.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Just get rid of it buy something else. You shouldn't have to sign in to Samsung just to watch TV. I bought  a high end Samsung Soundbar for my high end Samsung TV but it will not stay connected through HDMi. Keeps defaulting to TV Speakers. Very disappointing. Bought Samsung products for years but never again. Got to hurt their profits before they pay attention. 

0 Likes
Gpain
First Poster
Options

Did it work?

0 Likes
AbbyKay
First Poster
Options

I just bought a new NeoQLED and it has trouble connecting to the internet. It does, but it takes a long (too long) time. Same as my 2020 Samsung. Other devices may have a 10 second delay at times, but the new Samsung can take up to a minute or more. 

0 Likes
Matt124
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem - brand new TV, wouldn’t accept the Wi-Fi password then I’d have to connect via WPS. Every time the tv was turned off it forgot the Wi-Fi. Finally solved it…my router broadcasts in both 2.4 and 5Ghz, and the Tv doesn’t support 5Ghz. It would see the network but not be able to connect to it. I had to go into the router settings, temporarily turn off 5Ghz, then connect the tv. It found the 2.4Ghz channel and accepted the password and remembered it. I could then re-enable 5Ghz on the router and going forward the tv was fine, it would pick up the 2.4. 

0 Likes
JDempsey
First Poster
Options

I have tried all the potential fixes for my Samsung 82 disconnecting from wifi about every 12 minutes. I am filing a small claims lawsuit alleging breach of implied warranty of merchantability and useful purpose and NY GBL 349 (a Deceptive trade practices. Samsung needs to be held accountable.

0 Likes
Bhoward
First Poster
Options

I hope this helps anyone with this problem. I had been dealing with it for quite some time on my newer 65”, and like many others was at a loss.  Tonight, on a whim, I tried changing my IP from obtain automatically to manually.  I simply took the IP, DNS, GATEWAY, etc that was given to me in automatic mode, and switched my network settings to manual IP and entered those numbers.  For the first time in close to a year, I was able to watch an entire movie without interruption. After all I tried, this worked. Wow 

0 Likes