Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV hijacks right control stick to change volume when in Steam Link app/game since the latest update

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 12:22 AM)
simonj2
Apprentice
Options

See this Reddit post for more information. When using any of:

- Wired Xbox controller

- Wireless Xbox controller

Logitech F710 controller

With Steam Link on several Samsung TV models (QN65QN85DAFXZA,qe55qn90a), the right control stick now adjusts volume in the app and in-game. This makes Steam Link unplayable for people as the right control stick can't be used without making the TV hit 0 or 100% volume.

It looks like this may be related to the 2111 release, as this was working previously and many users are reporting the same problem now. This originally seemed to be a problem with Steam, but now we realize it may be a problem with Samsung's new software.

PLEASE LIKE AND REPLY TO THIS US FORUM THREAD TOO: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/QLED-and-The-Frame/TV-hijacks-right-control-stick-to-change-volu... 

Samsung US can't read the European forum apparently :facepalm:

130 REPLIES 130
NestorBR
Apprentice
Options

Thanks a lot for sharing this! It is great to know that someone at Samsung is actually looking at this issue.

0 Likes
oyylumo
First Poster
Options

Same issue, also the Sony button on a DS4 opens the home menu on my q60a.

0 Likes
WillyTP
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone.

I confirm the same issue.

1. Wireless XBox controller
  2. Samsung TV QE65Q80AATXZT
  3. Firmware Rev. 2111
0 Likes
Lighting
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue in Samsung Tizen TV UE55AU7172UXXH where I'm using the DualShock 3 controller. I actually have the latest update 2111.1 and still waiting for any fix update or response from Samsung Support!

0 Likes
Kaonashi
Student
Options
I used Steam Link several times per week with an Xbox controller. After the December auto-update, the controls are passed through, but they still open other menus, change volume, etc, which makes the entire experience unplayable. I've since confirmed this to be broken with PS4 controllers, as well as a bluetooth updated Stadia controller.
Outside of Steam Link, this still occurs. Just have to have it paired and on. Seems to be an intended function outside of Steam Link, which I can understand, but there needs to be a way to bypass it when in an app that requires controller support.

Samsung Frame 65in QN65LS03AAFXZA on 2111.1 
Xbox Wireless Controller, Sony DualShock4, Google Stadia Controller, Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

It's really frustrating to spend $2000USD on a TV and have basic functionality such as this be broken by software and then not fixed.
Adagar
Student
Options

Confirming the same. XBOX one controller Samsung Frame TV (QN65LS03ADFXZA)

0 Likes
DCMotion
Apprentice
Options

#whatyoucantdo

0 Likes
TG94
First Poster
Options

Confirmed same issue with my TU7000 and the Logitech controller and Xbox one controller. Hoping for a fix very soon!! 

0 Likes
Chronox
First Poster
Options

Facing the same issue. Xbox ONE Controller connected via BT to a AU9000 (55 inch). Issue occurred after latest software update. Definitely a problem from Samsung side.

0 Likes
Kaonashi
Student
Options

Update to my prior comment...

I started a support chat, which that person had told me they had never heard of this issue, and that there was nothing they could find regarding it, and promptly recommended I contact the controller manufacturer for a defective controller, AFTER telling me several times that Samsung TVs should only be controlled with an official Samsung TV remote.

After being clearly frustrated and telling them I was giving up, they told me they would open a support ticket in my name. Doubtful anything will come of that. But I'm thinking that reaching out to the SamsungTV Twitter account may be a good way to raise awareness of this issue.

Just because this is a Samsung forum doesn't mean they actually read any of this.

0 Likes