Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV gray strip coming up between display and frame

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 04:42 PM)
Alexf4
Apprentice
Options

image.jpg

Samsung 65-inch curved gray strip showing near display. The TV is just days past the one year mark  

UN65RU7300FXZA

14 REPLIES 14
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
this is the polarizer that is a anti glare it will do absolutely nothing to your TV can be caused from cleaning products etc I know people that has removed it not advisable but it's just a glass screen underneath instead of a matt finish it's a mirror finish.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
that looks like delamination of the panel rather than a bezel fault
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
if you've used cleaning products on your bezel it's more than likely seeped in or under the polarizer lamination absolutely nothing to worry about if its not causing any problems you're best of just leaving it.
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
sorry thought you were the original poster 😅
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
no problem, all I use on my TV is a dry microfibre cloth for what it's worth
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
yeah man same best thing to use.
0 Likes
Alexf4
Apprentice
Options

So, I don't think it was the polarizer. Maybe the picture doesn't do it justice but there isn't any de-lamination going on. To me it looked like some sort of adhesive strip was coming up from between the bezel and screen and it wasn't attached to the screen (I could put my nail behind it and it lifted away from the screen with no resistance. I'm not sure if this strip is maybe some cushion between the bezel and screen to prevent rubbing or whatever it is. BUT, I did try to push it back down into the bezel which it really didn't want to stay down and I ended up knicking the bottom of the actual LED panel causing a fracture from top to bottom. So anyone reading this with this don't try pushing it back down maybe just live with it it wasn't that bad. Also Walmart has good deals on new tv's right now so I am now a new owner of a Phillips TV. 

Alexf4
Apprentice
Options

Nothing but a very lightly damp microfiber towel was ever used on the screen. My cat likes to leave paw prints on the screen so the water made it little easier to get whatever grime he left behind off. 

0 Likes
JLD79
Student
Options

F4067D5D-FD97-4782-9C78-4E5E3E1F73AD.jpeg

0 Likes