Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 5yr Extended Warranty Exemption

(Topic created on: 14-04-2023 10:19 PM)
Members_MhF40gM
First Poster
Options

In March 2023 I purchased a Samsung QE43Q65BAUXXU TV directly from Samsung.com

When I attempted to register for the extended 5yr warranty (within the 90 day period) I was declined.

Samsung Customer support informed me that the exemption was due to the TV being discounted at the time of purchase. This discount was a promotion that Samsung were running and would be available to everyone.

In the extended warranty terms and conditions there is a section that states:

Purchases must be made from the online shop on Samsung.com only. Purchases from other retailers or from Samsung.com EPP sites (under which certain categories of customers who have been provided with a log in to benefit from discounted products) are expressly excluded. This includes, but is not limited to the following Samsung EPP sites: Student, EPP Networks, NHS EPP, Royal Household EPP, SME Open, SME Closed, Samsung Staff Sales, EPP Partners

So taking the two points in turn:

• I did purchase from Samsung.com
  • I was NOT provided with a log in to benefit from discounted products such as student discount, I used the main Samsung.com site available to everyone

There is no mention that promotions run by Samsung on Samsung.com somehow fall into the above exemption clause.

Can someone explain this?

If it stated you must pay full price to qualify for the extended warranty that would be clearer, but it does not. Samsung should also make it abundantly clear that when purchasing a discounted item from Samsung.com that doing so means you will not be able to claim the extended warranty, but of course they do not do this. In fact they don't even make it clear that there is an extended warranty available. I missed out on this from my last purchase too, though given it was also discounted by Samsung it would have also been exempt.

When I purchase a domestic appliance such as a fridge there is a large orange sticker stating you need to register to claim an extended warranty.  Thing is, even if you didn't register, you can still claim provided you have proof of purchase.

Not so with Samsung, no they make you jump through multiple registrations within a limited timeframe and then shift the goal posts so you can't obtain the extended warranty.

You'd think that registering with Samsung just once ought to be enough, but no you must do a further registration to obtain the extended warranty. Why is it just not provided at the time of initial registration. John Lewis provide a 2yr warranty without lifting a finger, Richer Sounds often provide a 6yr warranty; again without the need to do anything. More to the point they clearly state what the warranty period is too.

I will NEVER purchase direct from Samsung ever again.  It's a shame because the product is good, it's just the way they conduct themselves is what lets them down. 

11 REPLIES 11
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
I brought a qn95a and had my extended warranty approved. I brought with a birthday discount. Trade in and got a price match. Sounds very unusual
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Members_MhF40gM 

That doesn't sound right! Could we ask what date you purchased your TV, and did you use the following link to try to register for the 5 Year Warranty?: https://www.samsung.com/uk/offer/5-year-samsung-tv-warranty/#:~:text=5%20Year%20Warranty%20Purchase%...

0 Likes
PSmith_UK
Explorer
Options

I just purchased a QN90B from Samsung.com (using their UK bank holiday offer and a Samsung provided Birthday Code)..  Whan I tried to register the 5 year warranty it failed because I had not pid the full price. Spoke to customer support they confirmed: extended warranty is invalid bacuse I used did not pay the full price.  After discussions, the Supervisor said I can have the additional warranty - but I have no proof of this (apparently they will email me).

0 Likes
PSmith_UK
Explorer
Options

Please see my post above.   When I tried to register using your link it resulted in failure due to discounts and cash back.  Hence my call to customer support who confirmed that if the full purchase price is not paid then extended warranty becomes invalid.  Customer Suppoirt Supervisor apparently said that I can have the warranty but I am yet to recieve proof.

0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
All that I can think is they have updated there terms. I had no issues at all registering my 5 year warranty
0 Likes
AJWebb
Apprentice
Options

I’ve had the same experience with 2 TV’s purchased on April 10th as part of the bank holiday promotion.

I have had 2 different answers as to why it’s declined. 

First they said I’d used the wrong marketing link to register, so sent me one. And it was declined. They confirmed on the phone that I was eligible. 

the second reason given was that Samsung.Com don’t offer 5 year guarantees in the purchase and this only applied to a list of independent retailers. This was also wrong, but the person at the CEOs office that is handling my enquiry is digging in. 

i spoke to sales on the day and confirmed the 5 year warranties. I have screenshots of the items showing the warranty on the ad. And you can buy them today, or last weekend with a discount, and sales confirm they come with 5 year warranties.

the issue is when you talk to Samsung, no one seem trained except sales and tech support. You’re never talking to the same person and they don’t follow through. I can’t think of a worse customer service example tbh. 

I have 7 of their TVs and I won’t buy another but we purchased TVs in good faith with 5 year warranties so under U.K. consumer law, they have to honour that. Don’t give up. Once TVs are set up and on the wall, you don’t want to have to replace them if they die prematurely, so the 5 year warranty is essential. And it’s your right.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AJWebb: Please can you follow the link below, and check the terms and conditions for purchases made on or after 1st April 2023, to ensure that the TV's you purchased are included in the eligible models? If you're able to verify that the models are eligible for the extended warranty, please click on 'Register' and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process. 

https://my-samsung.com/uk/mysamsung/offers/#/8LYTF7HRGFZ8V/

If you run into any issues then please reach out to our Support Team on 0330 726 7864 (or 0333 000 0333), and an advisor will be able to look into this further for you. 

0 Likes
AJWebb
Apprentice
Options

I have done this. Several times. Both TVs are eligible. I have a 2023 65” The Frame (LS03) and a 55” 700b 8k. Both are listed. I spoke to sales on the phone when I purchased them, and they confirmed the 5 year warranties. I screen shotted the listings showing the 5 year warranty logo, I have a web chat conversation stored confirming the 5 year warranty. I spoke to tech support when the first was rejected and Johanna checked and said it was a marketing promotions problem and I was indeed eligible. Then she handed it over to Marketing and nothing. 

Both allow me to register. Both keep being declined.

I complained to your CEO office and they told me ‘5 year warranty doesn’t apply to TVs bought online at Samsung.Com/uk, it’s only for small retailers on the list. Again, wrong. They are now not responding. You are in breach of contract by withholding this but you’re guessing at reasons and frankly internally in turmoil. None of you seem to know your products or promotions and you’re guessing at reasons when it’s very simple. I have diligently sent you all the evidence. You have a flag on your system that you’d rather believe than the evidence presented to you. I’ve already been told it’s a marketing codes issue, and now you’re denying it. Honestly Samsung, nice products. I have 7 of your TV’s. But the worst service I have ever experienced from a vendor of anything. Let alone someone who takes thousands of pounds from you. I also have an 8k Sony with a 5 year warranty that experienced a panel failure just after a year, and they changed the TV immediately. But I’m stuck with your products and I want what I paid for please. This won’t go away through you telling me ‘computer says no’.

0 Likes
GJF
Journeyman
Options

I am going through exactly the same issues with my new tv, approx 20 emails & 4 lengthly phonecalls, nothing resolved. Some of the replies I get are ridiculous, telling you it is another department & telling you to call the same numbers I have called multiple times.

I have emailed screenshots from the Samsung website showing the 5 year warranty.

I was told on the phone that the extended warranty department don't have a phone number so my case manager could not speak to them. I do find that difficult to believe.

The website did not allow me to register it & the staff on the phone do nothing to resolve it.

I feel utterly dejected with Samsung.

How does anyone get anything resolved with this company?

My last 2 tv's I bought from Richer Sounds, the process was straightforward, simple & gave me piece of mind for 6 years. Samsung have given me nothing but stress I've spent over 5000 pounds so that was my exact reason for taking screenshots before I clicked purchase.

I hope it gets resolved but looking through the forum it looks like many people have been misled into purchases believing they have a 5 year warranty, shocking really considering it is dealing with the company direct.

Samsung need to take care of customers not mislead them or bounce them pillar to post when trying to get things resolved.