Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU8000 HDMI Source Help

(Topic created on: 31-08-2020 07:26 AM)
Godec
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I have a 50" Samsung Series 8 (TU8000) and am having troubles with selecting my video sources.

I have 3 devices connected via HDMI, plus 1 device with AV cables but for some reason HDMI 2 and 3 don't show up in my source list. HDMI 1 is my Xbox One which is always there and easy to switch to, along with my AV device, but for some reason the other 2 will not.

What makes it more strange is that the devices do actually display and work totally fine but will only switch to them if I unplug their HDMI and plug it back in. So in short, my HDMI ports are definitely working but it's just frustrating that I can't freely switch to them via the source list, I need to manually go to the TV and unplug and plug back in (which also takes me through the smart remote setup each time). Even after doing that, it may be displaying HDMI 2 for example, but in the source list it will say it's still on TV or whatever it last was on.

Another weird thing is that when I first hooked up the TV I remember that those 2 HDMI ports would show in the HDMI list and I could freely switch between all of them but after needing to rearrange my setup at one point and obviously unplugging and plugging in all my cables, they don't show anymore.

Is there anyway to fix this? Note that I have already tried unplugging and plugging back in the main power source and retrying all different ways of connecting them, as well as doing a smart hub reset.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Godec
First Poster
Options

Just solved my own issue. This may be helpful for other people out there but on 2020 models a full reset is done through the General Settings tab as opposed to the Self Diagnose option on previous models.

0 Likes
Mryanski
First Poster
Options

I appreciate this is an old post but i am having the same issue selecting HDMI input 3, i can go through the HDMI diagnostic page and select that way but is a faff doing this. How did you solve the issue? Was it a case of a full reset?

0 Likes