(Topic created on: 11-11-2019 10:12 AM)
Muhallabr
Journeyman
Options

Hello there. 

When playing TV shows from USB. 

I cant play with the subtitles. 

And when i go to settings

The subtitle (CC) option is set on off and its greyed out.

So i cant change it. 

How can i solve this? 157346691245390325133809127426.jpg

60 REPLIES 60
mugox123
Journeyman
Options

Mine is UA40J5200AK, sutitles are in *.srt format, and are embedded in my mp4 files

0 Likes
waynea1
Student
Options

The easy solution I found is to buy an Amazon firestick, install kodi and view USB content that way. Works perfectly because kodi devs test their software

Q60T Forced Subtitle
First Poster
Options

I resorted to using VLC media player via a laptop attached to the TV using HDMi cable. I like Samsung but this is beyond a joke, such simple functionality should work. 

0 Likes
ckrouge
First Poster
Options

My Samsung UN50TU8000FXZA won't display four multi languages subtitles...but app VLC on my pc will...so the tv does not have the software to render/display the subtitles...wonder Samsung has updates for the issue????

0 Likes
drossi1
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Karim Youssef
Apprentice
Options

I found the solution .. I'm surprised even the support line didn't know this .. it's none of whatever has been written here .. 
Go to aerial mode .. subtitles will not be greyed out any longer 
change it to Normal or on 

Then go back to cable or USB as source and subtitles will remain on 
Also for USB files .. the .SRT file must be named exactly like the media file 
Adios 

drossi
First Poster
Options

Sorry, but this is not the point at all. We talk about movie-files with multiple subtitles embedded in the file. What you tell us here is not the problem we had. But thanks anyway...

0 Likes
Karim Youssef
Apprentice
Options

The main thread is talking about "The subtitle (CC) option is set on off and its greyed out." and what I posted was the solution for this as I've seen so many people struggling with it ..
The multiple subtitles or multiple codecs in general can easily be separated or merged with MKVTool 

0 Likes
drossi
First Poster
Options

The problem that you mention has never been one.

0 Likes
Q60T Forced Subtitle
First Poster
Options

Hello,

The subs being greyed out was the issue for me, that was the reason for the initial thread. To get the subs un-greyed and selectable 

0 Likes