Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sounds in Ambient mode 2019 QLED

(Topic created on: 19-04-2019 01:06 PM)
RF1000
Apprentice
Options

Hello

I just installed my brand new 2019 Q85R QLED and I found out that the new ambient mode looks very nice but it also generates a relaxing sound over my sonos. I don't if this is new or its also on the 2018 models but it's very annoying. My Sonos stops playing spotify and switch to the tv in Ambient mode. If I manually swich to spotify again it goes back to the tv after 1 minute.

Seems to be there's no "No sound" option in the menu? Is this right? How to solve this?

42 REPLIES 42
Zephyre
Student
Options

Hello All,

I just installed my brand new 2020 Serif TV and found the same issue with ambient mode - it generates a "relaxing" sound over my Sonos Beam Soundbar.

I have Sonos speakers throughout the house - and after about a minute of playing the music of my choice with the Sonos Beam Soundbar - Ambient mode breaks the connection - and the "relaxing" sounds start again.

Ambient mode NEEDS sound control options - please!

0 Likes
MichaelMartin
Student
Options

This is really disappointing. I bought the Q90R as a better alternative to the frame TV. Although I new that the ambient mode wasn't the same, this is just stupid. There is no option do display your own pictures full frame, and the relaxing sounds are frustrating the hell out of me. My Sonos keeps disconnecting when the decor ambient mode is on. 

Come on Samsung, this is a super simple problem to fix for your customers! They seem to be neglecting their customers when it comes to issues with ambient mode. 

0 Likes
LKB
Pioneer
Options

Unfortunately, Samsung could not care less that their products are buggy and, as Ambient Mode has plainly demonstrated, do not even work as represented.

The problems with Ambient Mode have been well known for years.  Initially, Samsung's official line was “we’re working on it.”  Then it devolved into a game of pass the buck, with the TV CS department claiming the problem was with SmartThings, and SmartThings CS referring the problem back to the TV side.  But for the last year or so they haven’t even bothered attempting an excuse.

And as far as anyone from Samsung ever paying attention to anything we say here, dream on.  About all these forums are good for is for us to share our own solutions to problems, and let other customers know that they are not alone: our Samsung products are buggy too, and we also cannot get answers from Samsung.  But will Samsung actually respond to even basic questions asked on a Samsung-hosted forum, which it touts as being the place for customers to go to get answers?  Just read this thread and you get your answer: nope.

KristW
Student
Options

If you have Sonos you can solve this problem by disabeling anynet+ (HDMI - CEC) in settings/general/external devices

(menus could have other names because i am translating this from dutch instellingen/algemeen/beheer externe apparaten/anynet+ (HDMI - CEC)).

you will have to re-enable it when you want to watch television with sound on your Sonos. 

This solution worked for me. The good news is that now I could play Spotify on my Sonos with my tv in ambient mode even without disabeling anynet+. 

MichaelMartin
Student
Options
Sorry, but that’s not a solution for me. I shouldn’t have to disable CEC every time to enjoy Ambient mode.
0 Likes
Dinosrules
First Poster
Options

For those with Sonos there is a solution in the Sonos app. You can turn off the "TV Autoplay" function under Room Settings. This will prevent your TV from automatically switching the sound. A very small caveat is that you will need to switch to TV mode manually from withing the Sonos app - something I was doing many times when the autoplay was not working properly. Hope this helps! 

Duppedings
First Poster
Options

Is the sound of ambient mode playing so loud that Samsung can’t hear us? 🤔

Mikeus
First Poster
Options

Works like a charm! Thanks for the tip

Dlxpxz
First Poster
Options

If you connect your phone via Bluetooth it should take you to music wall , if you don’t have Spotify installed on your tv, music wall has a mini mode where you can be in ambient mode with music playing and the info on the top right. Other wise you can voice command to have music play while in ambient mode 

0 Likes
Zephyre
Student
Options

The discussion here is focused on the integration of Ambient mode with Sonos speakers.

I have Sonos speakers throughout the house - and after about a minute of playing the music of my choice with the Sonos Beam Soundbar - Ambient mode breaks the connection - and the "relaxing" sounds start.

It was good to revisit this discussion though - I will try the above suggest by 

0 Likes