Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

[SOLVED] Will 2020 One Connect near-Invisible Cable work on 2021 TVs?

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 10:03 PM)
DrJake
Explorer
Options

So as the title suggests, will the 2020 version of the One Connect cable work on 2021 TVs?

Specifically, the QN95A?

Asking, as the 2021 5 metre cable (VG-SOCA05) offered is not long enough, while the 2020 version (VG-SOCT87) seems to have 10 metre version, and that will suffice.

From an aesthetic perspective, the cable connectors, for both TV and the One Connect box look the same (2021 v 2020) on pictures online.

I have seen conflicting information so far, as to whether it does, or does not.

Anyone tried it (the 2020 cable on a 2021 TV)? Did it work? Any issues? Or fine to purchase?

Thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DrJake
Explorer
Options

As I had no replies on the thread, I thought I'd help out the community by testing it myself.

Went ahead and purchased the £409 GBP cable (here) to test on my 2021 QN95A, and despite my optimism, it did not work.

So there you have it folks, the 2020 cable does not work on the 2021 QN95A.

PS: I only tested this as I need a cable larger than 5 metres, but 5 metres is the largest option I can find for the 2021 models. But it doesn't make sense - looking at the cable connectors side by side, they look exact the same. At the same time, on the box, it says the cable supports up to 8K and 40GBps transfer rate, same as the 2021 cable.

Possibly a limitation/block software side.

The TV did make a strange noise when testing the 2020 cable, but the screen never turned on.

Hope this helps someone!

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
DrJake
Explorer
Options

As I had no replies on the thread, I thought I'd help out the community by testing it myself.

Went ahead and purchased the £409 GBP cable (here) to test on my 2021 QN95A, and despite my optimism, it did not work.

So there you have it folks, the 2020 cable does not work on the 2021 QN95A.

PS: I only tested this as I need a cable larger than 5 metres, but 5 metres is the largest option I can find for the 2021 models. But it doesn't make sense - looking at the cable connectors side by side, they look exact the same. At the same time, on the box, it says the cable supports up to 8K and 40GBps transfer rate, same as the 2021 cable.

Possibly a limitation/block software side.

The TV did make a strange noise when testing the 2020 cable, but the screen never turned on.

Hope this helps someone!

0 Likes