Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke and burning smell from TV (UE42F5000AW)

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 07:39 PM)
vke1
First Poster
Options

Hello,

My Samsung TV, model UE42F5000AW, suddenly started smoking this evening.
I plugged it out and back in again later, now there is a dark tint to the lower half of the screen and some kind of burnt markings at most of the left side of the screen, it still seems to work though.

Is this safe to keep using, or may it explode at some point? :smiling-face:
Any way to fix this issue?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
KholaI
Options

Hi there @vke1 

If the screen is smoking, please do not plug in the TV nor attempt to switch it on. If you've plugged it in, please unplug the TV as this is definitely quite unusual and will need inspecting. Please keep an eye out from a message from @Sam_UK as they'll be able to into this further with you.

lucimsv
First Poster
Options

I was wondering if this has moved on at all....

I had the same  issue - 4 year old TV, started smoking and burning smell. Samsung took it away and now want to charge me for repairing it, even though it could have burned down my house! I've asked them to return it unrepaired and I am going to do my best to make their horrendous lack of customer service go viral. They wouldn't answer my question about how long they expected one of their TV's to last, just kept repeating that it was out of warranty and apparently there is no escalation process if we are unhappy with the offered solution??

0 Likes