Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ue55tu8500uxxu not recording

(Topic created on: 13-08-2021 12:02 AM)
Cheekymidden
First Poster
Options
I have recently attached a 4TB HDD to my ue55tu8500uxxu for recording.
Scheduled recording all ok when TV is on but nothing recorded when TV is in standby, which I thought would have been possie as don't want to be leaving TV on overnight.
Does anyone know if recording possible whilst in standby or is there a special setting that needs activated to enable?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Cheekymidden ,

Does your HDD have its own power source or is it powered through the USB connection? If it's the latter, then it won't record if the TV is on standby.

0 Likes
Cheekymidden
First Poster
Options
It is powered by USB connection, only just purchased for recording. The on-screen manual doesn't say the HDD needs to be self powered
0 Likes
Cheekymidden
First Poster
Options
I have just tried with a new Seagate HDD with standalone power supply and still unable to record, not exactly the best feature if only works when TV is on.
0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options

Hi all

it has nothing to HD power supply. Problem is in tv . Samsung always will try to make you stupid by telling you about hd power supply.

0 Likes
Cheekymidden
First Poster
Options
Abandoned idea of recording from TV
0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options

Hi

i did it more then year ago. Not working. Now I have virgin box, 6 channels of recording in same time.

I think if we live in us then we will have right to fight with samsung easy to have our money back for this rubbish. Not in Europe , customers have no rights. But, when bought this rubbish we agree some agreement with samsung, for our money we should get what was said in specification  , shouldn’t we?

best

darek

0 Likes