Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub updating, try again later

(Topic created on: 13-12-2019 06:54 PM)
StillNotARobot
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've had the smart hub update problem for 2 days: "smarthub is being updated please try again later". I've seen that lots of people have had the same problem and it's been suggested Samsung are deliberately blocking some customers to force them to buy new TVs. 

Is there a fix, or is it actually a scam by Samsung?

My model is UE32F4500 and my software is 2127. 

Some people have said they fixed the problem by doing something with the physical on/off button on the set, but my model doesn't have a button like that.

Advice please.

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
Alex218
Student
Options

I am sorry but this is bull*****. I bought my TV and there was no such message appearing. It appeared after upgrade to a previous version. I have contacted Samsung and they have said that „this is normal that now TV displays this message”. It is very unprofessional to say or do such things. Now I need to wait 1 minute before my TV will load SmartHub. Samsung is gurbage or just fcuking with it’s clients. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

The update works even if I have a old TV 

1) reset the smart hub (better before the update) 

2) update the firmware by the menu 

3) turn off and on the TV 

4) factory reset: from menu/support/auto diagnostic/  Reset 

5) start as a new TV and good job :winking-face: 

0 Likes
hynejont
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on a UA50F6300. seems to be stuck during smart hub update. Menu bar on pressing smart hub button seems to have updated (new icons etc) but when you click on Netflix for example...error message of smart hub updating. Go through the "Apps" icon and can see the old icons and can get into Netflix that way. 

You mention resetting the firmware through the menu. how do you do that ?? 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Good morning, from the remote control push:

1) Menu button

2) support (the last choice) 

3) Auto test (the third one) 

4) reset (the last one) 

P. S. I'm using the Italian menu but I think that it is only translated and the choices are the same... 

0 Likes
RROwen
Apprentice
Options

Unplug the unit for one minute, then restart it, connect it to the Internet and download everything that it suggests.  This should work.  In theory.  Hopefully.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Anurag1
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue.  I have reset the smart hub but this does not resolve the issue. 

0 Likes
Emiloma
First Poster
Options

The same issue in my case when my TV automatically upgraded to 2127 software release. After that, Smart Hub doesn't work properly. I need to wait every time I switch on the TV.

On top of that, some of the Apps are no longer working like Netflix. So after the upgrade my smart TV is almost useless. Netflix app is now built in and we cannot update that app.

I tried everything: reset smart hub, factory reset, contacting support and Samsung doing the same remotely and still remains not working. 2127 remains there.

Do you have any chance of reverting the 2127 Software upgrade that I didn't ask for? This is a clear case of programmed obsolescence!

0 Likes
Alex218
Student
Options

Samsung is sucks. They forcing you to buy a new TV. It is possible to install previous version as far as I know but this will eliminate your warranty and may "brick" your TV in case you do not know what to do. To me the main issue is that they are pissing into the eyes of the customer saying that "this message is by design. just wait for a minute for SmartHub to load". I can even understand that old TVs do not have enough CPU, memory etc. but Samsung had Evolution kits. I was not able to find one for my F series. IMHO it is normal ,taking car example into the account, that car will tell you (by the way, we have upgarded your firmware and it is normal that ECU asking you to wait 2-3 minutes before you can ignite your car and drive). 

0 Likes
ebailey
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for this. Did NOT want to lose the use of my TV in quarantine. You're my hero!

0 Likes
Members_Q6CQE84
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem i cant 3ven turm my tv on  because is turn off and on alwasy can you tell me haw i fix it 

0 Likes