Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub stuck at updating

(Topic created on: 24-08-2019 09:20 PM)
Sirano1981
First Poster
Options

Hello.

my smart hub on my Samsung tv (UE32J4500AKXXU) is stuck with the message - smarthub is being updated please try again later.

i have tried a factory reset (menu - support - self diagnosis- reset)

i have tried the smart hub hub connection test ( menu - support - self diagnosis - smart hub connection test) 

i have tried resetting the smart hub (menu - smarthub - reset smart hub)

all t+c’s have been agreed to all times ( both via accept all and individually checked)

There are currently no software updates available for our tv

nothing seems to be working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37
Abid201
Journeyman
Options

Plz provide me the firmware of UA48H6300AR so i can upload through usb

0 Likes
Abid201
Journeyman
Options

How it works plz suggest? 

0 Likes
Movingtarget88
First Poster
Options

My Samsung TV started showing an Updating tv software message (Updating tv software... Don't turn off the TV or disconnect the power cable until the update finishes) while I was watching an HDMI source.  Once this message appears it is followed by the TV switching itself off and back on. However, the message then reappears and the process starts all over again. The TV switches itself off and on, and so on. I have checked to see if I can manually update the TV software, which I appear to be able to do, by checking for updates manually. I am then informed on screen that my TV software is up to date.  This makes a mockery of the TV constantly looking for updated software, when it is already updated. For some reason, the TV can't work this out or does not realise the software is up-to-date.

When I factory reset, I cannot choose Sky digital TV as my TV source as this is connected by HTMI cable and prompts the 'TV updating software' message. So when I reset, I have to choose 'No TV connection' or 'Multiple antenna channels' (of which I have none) and the TV carries on with the reset again without the message. However, if I select the HDMI source again (ie the Sky box), the same message immediately reappears and I'm back to square one.

1. I tried factory reset and rescanned channels - TV only works as long as source or smart TV buttons are not used.

2. I tried a SVC reset.

In effect, none of my HDMI inputs or DLNA services are working.

Even if I factory reset using Info-Menu-Mute-Power, which solves the smart hub problem and allows me to watch Netflix & Youtube etc, the moment I connect an HDMI cable (for example my Sky digital box as I am in the UK), the same 'Updating TV software' message immediately comes on, effectively jamming the TV again. The TV then switches off and on again, followed by the same message, over and over again. I can then factory reset again, allowing me to watch smart hub related apps (Youtube etc), but I cannot watch Sky, or indeed plug in any HDMI source, such as my computer. If I do, IMMEDIATELY the same annoying message comes up.

Any thoughts anyone?

0 Likes
Feanor1999
Apprentice
Options

Dear guilt…

a lot of us are in the same boat i think. I cant get Netflix to run on my $%’ (alleged) smart TV and ive done everything that my ISP and Netflix have told me with no change. My smart hub is also stuck in updating and I cant access any apps like you tube UK TV play etc etc. its a shambles. Ive done the microsoft resets and asked for a new router SIM which i hope I’ll get tomorrow or the day after. It’s so frustrating and all i could find was no chat line with actual Samsung technicians, but a line that wanted a fiver for me to talk to someone. Thats not happening. I have no idea how to download and run new firmware, and its pissing me off as two days ago, all was perfect. Yes, I’d like to bin my TVs-all three of them and replace. Pity there’s no market. 

0 Likes
Feanor1999
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately my TV remote has none of the ‘menu’ etc stuff on it.. and all you can do is go around the system reset stuff. It’s annoying to say the least. 

0 Likes
guily6669
Explorer
Options

I could never fix the problem and only got worse, after many resets now I don't even have access to the built-in manual...

Only app I have is the pointless browser.

And now even the media part of it is doesn't work since now I can't play movies or see pictures from a usb pen drive or external HDD, it detects but shows no files :(...

Basically my Smart TV is completely DUMB as the only thing that works is the slow pointless browser.

Though there is an external app on the web that works via USB without needing installation but sadly could only find 1 for IpTV which I don't care...

If Samsung was nice they could have made a full recovery FW and send to ppl like me which have problems and do a full complete reinstall with all factory apps and a memory format but sadly they don't do anything at all 😞

0 Likes
Feanor1999
Apprentice
Options

I do so feel for you. I only went down this route because of what I thought  were bandwidth problems on Saturday. I’m amazed anyone buys Samsung TVs with everyone knowing how bad the software is.

0 Likes
Ailsa_the_Collie
First Poster
Options

Excellent, it worked first time. Thanks very much, especially for such a clear modus operandi
👍 x 10

0 Likes