Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Hub and all apps Not working - help !

(Topic created on: 05-04-2020 07:52 PM)
rkam
Journeyman
Options

I have a Samsung Q70R , just 3 months new but apps have suddenly stopped working. I tried everything reseting smart hub a couple of times, smart hub reset, factory reset etc with two separate Samsung support representatives, but no luck. I was promised a callback from customer support but nothing so far. Does anyone face similar issues ? any suggestions

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
rkam
Journeyman
Options

i think it is a software fault as the resets dont work. i thought Factory resets on devices should get it back to the original firmware that was installed in the factory, not really the most recent firmware as that defeats the whole purpose of a factory reset if the recent firmware is faulty. Not sure though why Samsung is not able to fix this remotely. More surprising is that the customer support agents were able to remote connect to my TV, did a reset from a service menu only they could access and saw the fault, but still they had to send an engineer who did exactly the same and came to the conclusion that it needs a main board replacement. It could have saved them money to just send the engineer with the main board and fix it in one visit and also for me that i could have a working smart hub faster.

0 Likes
Jules99
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same happened for me- promised a call back - it never happened!  Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
rkam
Journeyman
Options

the only solution (after samsumg trying out many other methods) was to repalce the mainboard on the TV - this was straightforward.. as my tv was 55 inch, they had to send in an engineer to my house rather me having to take it to the service centre. The part was ordered and available in 2 days.. the actual change itself took just 15 minutes!

0 Likes
WowTired
First Poster
Options

The problem is you didnt buy LG.  I stuck with Samsung too long my self buying 6 or 7 TVs from 50-80", i have two left working in 10 years.   I bought three LGs starting about 4 years ago and never had an issue with any of them.   

im done with Samsung and Apple also, both companies sell ***** to us be ause of their name.   Now Im finding out Apple is paying the govt to keep several great cell ohone manufacturers out of the country to force us to buy theyre garbage.  

LG or Sony and you wont be in these sites anymore!

0 Likes