Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Hub and all apps Not working - help !

(Topic created on: 05-04-2020 10:48 AM)
rkam
Journeyman
Options

I have a Samsung Q70R , just 3 months new but apps have suddenly stopped working. I tried everything reseting smart hub a couple of times, smart hub reset, factory reset etc with two separate Samsung support representatives, but no luck. I was promised a callback from customer support but nothing so far. Does anyone face similar issues ? any suggestions

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
BoloKlare
First Poster
Options

I have a Q60r also 3 months old. Exactly the same issue. Ssmsung support promised to phone ne back within 1 hour after first tech could not help. One week later I called back (they didn't bother) to be told there is no fix, at 3 months the tv is now too old to replace. Wow. Have tried factory resets, USB update, so many things. My version of software is 1351 but 1352 is available  it will not load so the apps will not work. Not-so-Smart TV.

My retailer gave 5 year warranty so I guess I will go back there after the lockdown.  Would be nice to access apps in the meantime 😞

0 Likes
rkam
Journeyman
Options

thanks for the reply. samsung has not yet told me that it cannot be fixed. doesnt look like a hardware fault, so wonder why it cant be fixed remotely. my version number is 1352 and that too has the same issue..

too bad in this lockdown the smart tv has become a dumb tv ! 

0 Likes
BoloKlare
First Poster
Options

Thanks ram. Because my system is stuck on 1351 it won't even allow connection to samsung for remote fixing etc.

If I ever get it fixed (myself or Samsung) I will reply with the fix in case it helps. Take care

0 Likes
GarthyTV
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same issue!!

Eversince the last software update last week! Nothing works and I cannot do a reset either!

0 Likes
rkam
Journeyman
Options

Had an authorised engineer check this out. He confirmed it was a faulty TV and the main board needs to be replaced :-(. At 3 months old this is unfortunate to have a major repair, but no other choice...

0 Likes
BoloKlare
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the update rkam, I will get the ball rolling on mine as well, check out the terms of the shop warranty.  Thanks again

0 Likes
tobby-mac
First Poster
Options

Hi.

I have this same issue. I just bought the tv a week ago.

At first there was some minor lagging with the apps and the smart hub.

I updated the firmware to the latest. It seemed to work for couple of days until it made a total u-turn.

Now I can only turn it on and off. Nothing else works unless I unplug the tv. After unpluggin I have one chance to use smart hubs options. I have tried to reset the smart hub and the tv. It runs through the prosesses and restarts after, but nothing changes..

This tv has been a total farce..

I even contacted tech support, but I cant start the remote access so they told that they will see what they can do and return to me, but nothing so far.

0 Likes
BoloKlare
First Poster
Options

Dont hold your breath waiting for Samsung support to ring back  was told it would be an hour, when I queried this a week later they said they didn't call because there was no solution.  

With all this going on in the world seems a bit churlish to be going back to where I bought it but no choice really. Only reason I bought this was for the smart apps and I dont have them. I also cannot connect to support (update wont update,  reset and factory reset and dns settings,  none of these have any effect). Sigh 

0 Likes
TV41
First Poster
Options

Same issue here...

just a week ago bought a new UE55RU8002, first everything seemed fine. Few days ago some apps had issue with loading, but after TV reboot was fine.

this morning suddently no app was working. Tried with Smart Hub reset as per Samsung guidelines, no luck. Then tried TV reset to factory settings, also no luck.

Right now Smart Hub does not work at all and only regular TV works...

Absolut disapointment...

0 Likes