Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Device pop up bug

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 05:55 PM)
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

image.jpg

Since moving to another address, a pop up keeps appearing saying I need to allow/deny a smart things device from connecting to my tv. My phone has been connected for a long time, and no other devices could be  attempting to connect to my tv. PLEASE fix this bug, as having a pop up every 1-3 minutes while watching a film is the most disruptive thing I’ve ever experienced with a tv. Even with the setting to stop the notification after the first time doesn’t solve it, I’ve seen posts where 100+ notifications stack in the Device list so it is quite clearly a bug. 

21 REPLIES 21
DavidChyandour
First Poster
Options

Hi - thanks for coming back to me so quickly. My router is secure but I have since spoken to my neighbour's son who had a pop-up on his PC asking if he wanted to connect to a TV. He assumed it would connect to his own TV but in the event it tried to connect to mine, hence the message on my Samsung TV that baffled me. No problem but I have now deleted one of the devices connected to my TV in case it was his. Thanks for adding to my understanding.

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Glad you got it figured out - is good you know exactly who / what was trying to connect and is all innocent rather than always wondering 😀
0 Likes