Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Q Flicker

(Topic created on: 11-02-2020 08:44 PM)
Beddiawl
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Has anyone experienced problems with Sky Q when set up to the highest resolution?

I have a UE55RU7400 TV and Sky Q, I am getting an intermittant flicker. When lowering the resolution, the problem stops. 

Video Here: https://youtu.be/V4C_5v6Nk60

My father in law is also having issues with his (same model but the 49 inch version) 

Image Below: IMG-20200208-WA0000.jpg

Any ideas?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Beddiawl wrote:

Hi, 

Has anyone experienced problems with Sky Q when set up to the highest resolution?

I have a UE55RU7400 TV and Sky Q, I am getting an intermittant flicker. When lowering the resolution, the problem stops. 

Video Here: https://youtu.be/V4C_5v6Nk60

My father in law is also having issues with his (same model but the 49 inch version) 

Image Below: IMG-20200208-WA0000.jpg

Any ideas?

Hi @Beddiawl Is it problematic watching UHD content?  As far as HD content goes some customers use the 1080i or 1080p setting whilst others always have it a 2160P.     Anyway this seems to be a Sky issue as some customers experiencing this on a variety of Tv's.  Can you change the  HDMI connection to see if that makes any difference or can you try another HDMI cable?

From Skyq forums it is more of an issue on the 1st version of the SKyq Box but not exclusively, so the issue is not resolved it may be advisable to call out an engineer for advice.  Mind you a future software update may help.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
thecrofter
Apprentice
Options

Can't quite tell from the photo, but are you connecting via the Samsung breakout box. A Sky Engineer told me that some of them are not UHD compatible even though they come with a UHD ready TV!

0 Likes