Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the default app

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 02:39 AM)
Ddw1966
First Poster
Options

I use YouTube TV as my television service and would like my Samsung TV to start up on that instead of TVPlus. Is there a way to change the default startup app?

97 REPLIES 97
Papamc
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply.  After using our new tv for a couple of weeks, I am happy with the auto select setting.  It is now consistently using the last channel.  Not sure why it is wasn't working before, but it might be related to using both the samsung hulu app and the hulu app from a firestick on one of the hdmi ports.  The performance of the samsung connection is far better than the firestick, so I'm not using it anymore.

0 Likes
0Roger0
First Poster
Options

This does NOT work and it looks like this has been a problem for YEARS… the SamsungTV Plus app is annoying.  I’ve tried every way possible to get this “Smart” TV to start with the last app used (YouTube TV) but it will not.  It seems that Samsung wants everyone to see their TV Plus app first EVERY SINGLE TIME you start your TV, probably to justify its existence.  It’s ridiculous because the (Settings > General > Smart Features > Autorun Last App) is there but doesn’t work at all.    I think it’s Samsung’s way of cramming their junk down your throat every single time you start your TV.  Typical in this day and age customer satisfaction is the LAST THING companies care about.  Samsung TV Plus is the WORST..!! Fix it….

0 Likes
Arcct
Student
Options

This will be my last Samsung TV. No time for this nonsense.

Samsung is like an incompetent version of "Big Brother is Watching You".

Lizzzzzard
First Poster
Options
Yep it doesn't work, bloody hells kitchen comes up every time.

Fiddled with the settings what *****.
0 Likes
ChelsP
Student
Options

Anyone figure this out? There hasn’t been an update for my tv since 2021. I’ve checked all the settings but my tv still opens stingray music when turned on… and I have NO IDEA where that came from. It use to open Samsung tv which was also useless 

0 Likes
Seaerm4270
Student
Options

These big corporations have officially flipped the the switch of giving a rat's @55 about what their customers want. Everything is so deep and ingrained in Society now and there's no competition and they're so super rich that they don't have to care anymore. It's like a what are you going to do not watch TV? type thing. My TV worked perfectly up until about a week ago. I have Cox cable and my TV would auto start on Cox Cable every time and I never even paid attention to those settings so I'm not even sure what was selected. Well one day all the sudden it started going to TV plus and I can't do anything to fix it at all. Now every time I can't just simply turn my TV on I have to turn it on and then go to the input to select HDMI where my cable box is plugged in. Every single time. Whereas before every single time it just automatically went there. There's literally no option for it to auto start on your cable box or HDMI port. Disgusting. Starting in 2020 all these corporations and the Super Rich really ramped up the "don't care what we peasants want" actions. It's so clear it's basically written in midair

Quack4321
Journeyman
Options

Fr

0 Likes
Drew M
First Poster
Options

oversight?  I think they see it as a feature.  

0 Likes