Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled recording issues on Q80A

(Topic created on: 11-11-2021 07:41 AM)
R17L29XI
First Poster
Options

I have a new Q80A TV. It is connected to my satellite dish and receives Freesat channels through the TV itself, ie not a set top box. I have a hard drive connected via USB for scheduled recording but have been having issues with this.

Scheduled recording does work, usually as it should, but it is unpredictable. Last night I set it to record five programmes. Three worked fine and began and ended within five minutes of their scheduled start and finish time. One proceeded to record for an extra hour after it had finished and overlapped with the next recording. The final hour-long programme (5am to 6am) I set to record then continued to record from 5am to 5pm, a whopping twelve hours and a huge amount of disk space used. 

This is a feature I'd like to use on occasion but I also don't want to risk running my hard drive into an early grave by allowing the TV to spend a solid twelve hours writing to it.

Is there any way to fix this? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Chris JH
Journeyman
Options

Hi, have you received a resolution? I have exactly the same problem with a new Q60.  Yesterday two programmes recorded as one, and it then recorded the whole day until I switched on at 5 pm, found it was still recording and manually stopped it doing so. 

0 Likes
R17L29XI
First Poster
Options

Sadly not. I've just decided against using the feature entirely.

0 Likes