Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE42F5000 TV - Bottom Half of Screen Dim

(Topic created on: 25-03-2020 07:36 PM)
drummernaught
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a 42 inch Samsung UE42F5000 LED TV. It has been absolutely fine up until earlier today, about half of the screen has become dark/dim. It was sat idle on a Youtube video and it was not because of a fault of my doing.

I've tried resetting, software update, turning it off and on, unplugging it, waiting a minute and plugging it back in. What has happened, why, and what do I need to do to fix it?

_20200325_191956.JPG

Thank you.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
drummernaught
First Poster
Options

Hi, there was no solution except to replace the entire screen, unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Brian504
Apprentice
Options

Darn. Thanks for answering. Guess I’m going tv hunting

0 Likes
woodhouse8
First Poster
Options
My tv has just done the same!! Samsung tvs used to be the best by far, the last one i had the screen went and now this one is on it way out.
0 Likes
ricky111
First Poster
Options

We have a samsung 85 inch and sure enough right at about 14 months the lower half of the screen was darker than the top.  I was ready to bite the bullet and get a new TV and i saw this on youtube so i tried it and it worked! yay . . . so happy i don't have to spent another thousand dollars    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-y5pt06HJ4     if you don't watch the youtube just slap the back of your tv until it's fixed hahaha (that's what i did) i did have to find the right spot it only took 1 minute

0 Likes