Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV plus blocking terestial tv

(Topic created on: 23-01-2023 10:29 AM)
Members_FFdr856
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung TV UE43RU7100k.

A few months ago it suddenly started using Samsung tv plus. I'm sure for some audiences this is great, but for me it's not what I want to watch which is fine. Accept I can no longer get terestial tv. I've tried multiple aerials to know avail and scanned for channels 

How do I get rid of Samsung plus so that I can get my local tv channels back? 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_FFdr856   Customers can remove Tv Plus channels  by following method

1. Press the Home button on your Remote control
  2. Go to the Samsung TV Plus app and select “ the Channel list”
  3. Select “Edit Channels”
  4. Select the checkbox next to “Samsung TV Plus”
  5. Go to “Delete”, then select “Delete” in the pop-up window to confirm

However may need to disable stand By Auto Tuning via Settings-Broadcasting-Auto Tuning Settings-Standby Auto Tuning- Turn Off.

However this may not be the issue with Freeview as many customers have both services running.

Check if there are any problems with Freeview in your area https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/problems-freeview-reception/#/Freeview other options are to try the Automatic scan again. Some customers have found that scanning after removing the aerial and then reinserting provides a solution when channels are missing and your manual tune may be accessible. In other words scan with the aerial removed when obviously no channels will be found, however this can reset the connection. You would then need to scan with the aerial connected again and see if this makes a difference.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes