Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Not Showing On YouTube Casting Option

(Topic created on: 02-05-2017 09:16 AM)
RandomlySet
First Poster
Options

Morning all....

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, and also a Samsung Smart TV (IIRC, the model is UE43H6400).

Anyway, in the past, I could instantly cast YouTube from my phone to my TV without having to access the hub. However, for the past week, I no longer get the cast icon appear in YouTube. I actually now have to load the Smart Hub, start up the YouTube app and then cast. Annoying as hell TBH.

Any ideas what may have caused this? 

34 REPLIES 34
Nadstar
First Poster
Options

Have started having the same issue casting from my iPhone to 2020 TU7000 55" Smart TV. The TV is only a couple of weeks old and 

was working fine until yesterday. The only thing I recall doing is rebooting my router to sort out slow Wi-fi speed. 
Tried everything - It just won't cast from YouTube, Netflix etc 

0 Likes
pjm1
Apprentice
Options

So I recently went in to add an app on the TV and received a message about not having enough space. I deleted a number of apps and I have noticed that the option to cast seems to be available again on a consistent basis. I wonder if some update of the TV was incomplete while the space was limited. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's been fixed. It's worth a try if you are having problems.

0 Likes
Stevesold
Journeyman
Options

Using Smart Things or Smart View I can cast to my old Samsung smart TV (7yrs) anything that is on my Samsung mobile.

On my newer Samsung TV about 3years old I can cast EVERYTHING from my moble, ie Youtube, Tic Tok.

Using an app called 'Play to Samsung', I can cast youtube to the old TV but its only one Youtube at a time, wheras on the new TV you tube will just run & run.

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options
No problems casting on ru7300. Try changing WiFi to 2.4ghz not 5ghz.
0 Likes
carmy66
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your reply. However, I have done so, still nothing. 

Older 58's cast fine through the smart Hub... This Tizen model just won't work...

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options

Can the Home app see your TV? 

0 Likes
carmy66
Journeyman
Options

Yes it can. 

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options

Then it should be available to cast to. Odd.

Maybe I should mention there is a work around. 

I use a very good casting app called Web video caster. It can practically cast from any source including YouTube. 

You can also install the Web video caster receiver via the app store on the Tv. 

Once the receiver is set up you can simply open the app and then cast to it from your  other device using Web video caster. 

You could open YouTube via the inbuilt browser and then cast it. Alternatively from the YouTube app select share instead of the cast icon and select Web video caster.

In fact any source you want to cast just select share. 

0 Likes
carmy66
Journeyman
Options

Work arounds are great in theory. Thing is, I could also plug in a Chromecast to achieve the same result... However I purchased a device based on specific capabilities... and those abilities are not functioning... It doesn't make for an overly satisfying experience 

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options
Granted, but that's extra hardware.
Also sometimes issues can be related to other equipment in the chain Have you tried casting from another device, swapped router or even tried different settings in the router?
If you have more than one mobile wifi device, set one up as a hotspot and connect the tv and casting device to it to see if you still have the same issues.
0 Likes