Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tv LetsEncrypt SSL Expiry Kills smart features

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 05:43 PM)
thering1975
Explorer
Options

Be interested to know how Samsung is going to handle the Lets Encrypt certificate which expired on Sept 30th. As it stands i have 2 Samsung Tvs and 1 LG all affected. Plex app as well as the Samsung App store fail to work (cant see info install reinstall)  as the intermediate cert has been expired.

I wonder if Samsung will be issuing a firmware update or just EOL the devices as such all Smart functions will cease to operate.

The two models i have which are affected are:

UE65TU7020KXXU

and

UE60KS7000

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
thering1975
Explorer
Options

Sure, well encase you cant get the zerossl imported and do choose docker one thing i found especially on synology.

Dont use there containers or build dockers from the UI, log into ssh of xpenology and do it from CLI, it allows you to add a lot more variables quicker, you can then manage them in the synology ui.

But best of luck either way

iTzSnicholls
Student
Options

Well long drawn out process doing this on an Android phone, because I'm looking after my New born and couldn't go up to my PC. But replaced with a ZeroSSL and all is well so it confirms again to Samsung it's the LetsEncrypt Cert...

So Samsung whatcha going to do about it with a Firmware Update? Only need to add the new LetsEncrypt Int Cert and that's it is my understanding with a SonicWall FW at work.

0 Likes