Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung tv audio connection problems with Cambridge Audio TV2 (v2), via either HDMI (arc) or optical cable.

(Topic created on: 23-10-2020 08:21 AM)
NJDT
First Poster
Options

Would someone kindly explain which adjustments need to be made through the settings on the television, in order to accommodate the soundbase. I’m at my wits end trying to establish why when plugging in either cable (stated in the subject heading), that the television won’t connect to the soundbase. Please help!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
FoyleFlyer
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I was having a similar problem but in my case my soundbase was 'stuttering' and then no sound and nothing I found in settings worked. Many of the menus in settings were greyed out which was annoying. I decided to invest in a new HDMI 2.1 cable (I actually bought a 3 pack on Amazon and changed my other 2 older HDMI cables - Blu Ray player and Sky Q Box) and hey presto no more problems. I hope this info helps you sort out your problem. 

0 Likes
NJDT
First Poster
Options

Hi FF!

Thanks, for your message.
Just out of curiosity, was the hdmi 2.1 cable that you bought a like-for-like replacement, or was the one supplied with the soundbase itself, slightly different?
0 Likes
FoyleFlyer
Pioneer
Options
As far as I can recall they were like for like. Do you think yours is different?
0 Likes
NJDT
First Poster
Options

I don’t think so. I just thought that because I bought the soundbase in 2020 (as opposed to the year that you purchased your one), that it may have updated accessories or cables etc.

0 Likes
ericdeeson
First Poster
Options

A year after the above, MY problem with connecting Cambridge Audio TV2 soundbase to Samsung TV is different: I upgraded to a 2021 Samsung TV, and find no socket on the set for either connector for the soundbase. 

Can anyone help me connect this soundbase to a UE43AU9007KXXU [SIC!] model TV?

This is a new TV with a lovely picture - but FAR fewer connectors at the back AND sound quality that's still too poor for my old ears...

0 Likes
ericdeeson
First Poster
Options

Does anyone from Samsung monitor these forums? Maybe one of them can respond, if so??!!

Cheers - Eric

0 Likes
d_m_r
First Poster
Options

I had this problem with a new Samsung TV and the TV5 v2 soundbase. With the ARC connection, the TV can identify that the soundbase is there, and displays the device name. If I tell the TV to use the soundbase, it immediately switches back to TV speaker. 

I had more success with the optical connection, but I had to change the output format from Auto to PCM, otherwise no sound came through for some apps. 

0 Likes
Speedology
First Poster
Options

I’m having exactly the same problem with my TV2 (v2) soundbar.  It is connected to the eARC hdmi port on my new Samsung tv.  

The ‘sound output’ section within Settings shows the Cambridge soundbase as an option but when you tap on the name nothing happens and the sound continues to come from the TVs speakers.

Presumably the soundbase is incompatible with the latest Samsung TVs for some unknown reason.

0 Likes