Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart TV Reboot Issue

(Topic created on: 02-04-2019 02:21 PM)
tjwakey
First Poster
Options

I've got a UE46F6800 smart TV bought in 2014. About a year ago it started having an issue where the TV would get into a reboot loop but the problem seemed to resolve itself. Now the issue is back and doesn't seem to be going away this time. I've read many other posts from people with similar issues but mine has some slightly different traits. The TV will go into a reboot loop if starting on a HD channel or if trying to use the remote within about a minute of the TV starting. After that it is usually fine and will run all day with no problems once out of the loop. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how I can resolve? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @tjwakey.

Could you tell us the software version of your TV? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
tjwakey
First Poster
Options

T-MST12DEUC-2126.0,BT-S/G

0 Likes
tjwakey
First Poster
Options

Update: The issue got worse to the point that I couldn't watch anything without the TV restarting. I decided to open up the TV and check for any signs of damaged capacitors, etc. but everything looked fine. I did notice some light dust on some of the components so carefully cleaned it all off and put the TV back together. To my surprise this seems to have fixed the issue as I've had no more reboots since and its now been two weeks. 

Does anyone know what the issue was and why this fixed it? 

0 Likes
Ricpictures
Apprentice
Options

The problem is with bad capacitors on the board. Samsung knows about this issue and tries to hide it. Solution: never buy a Samsung tv, personaly switching to LG!

0 Likes