Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung screen issue 43RU7100

(Topic created on: 22-12-2021 04:33 PM)
NathanTG
Apprentice
Options

Good day community members, 

I'm hoping to get some advice on what could be wrong with my TV. 

About 3 months ago a little white streak of light started appearing out the bottom left of my TV, as you can see from the image, 3 months later and it's grown to cover the half the bottom panel and the streak of light has grown In  height. The TV brightness is now also half of what it was - even at full brightness, and the left side of the TV is noticeably darker. 

Any idea what could be the issue with this? And is it worth fixing (doesn't cost me the price of a new tv) 

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks guys

20211221_183906.jpg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,

A bad cable, or a cable that is not securely fastened to the input/output ports, can disrupt the signal and cause horizontal or vertical lines.

Run a picture test
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-run-a-picture-test-self-diagnosis-on-my-t...

How old is tv
Do you still have warranty On it
Contact support
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes
R088IE_0
Apprentice
Options
Looks to me like the back light on its way out.
Go to google and search "book a samsung warranty repair" enter all details about the device and the problems you have. Then you will get a free repair appointment if it's in warranty.
NathanTG
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply! 

Unfortunately I'm out of warranty by 4 months. I've ran a picture test and the problem still persists, even removed all cables

0 Likes
NathanTG
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. I had a similar suspicion, the white area at the bottom of the image where there's white light bleeding actually feels hot to the touch, while the rest of the screen feels cool/normal. 

I'm unfortunately out of warranty by 4 months... would fixing this at a independent repair place cost a fortune?

xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Perhaps need to book an engineer To see if worth fixing 🤔
0 Likes
R088IE_0
Apprentice
Options
More then likely depends if the fault has caused more damage be best calling around speak to an engineer they will tell you if it's worth it or not.
0 Likes