Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung remote disconnecting

(Topic created on: 19-03-2023 07:34 PM)
liv4
First Poster
Options

hey! we recently bought a new samsung remote for our samsung tv because the buttons had become worn out. The new remote we bought a couple months ago keeps giving us problems. First, it takes a while pairing with our tv. It says to hold the back arrow and play/pause for three seconds until paired, but it can take us up to 20 attempts. The tv says things such as no device found, or unable to connect every time we try. The second problem is that it keeps disconnecting with the tv. After the remote has been paired, you have to try and pair it again not even 5 minutes later. This has become such a problem that all the members in my family has all downloaded a tv remote app, which doesn't work as great as a regular remote, but still ten times better than the one we have. Also, I know there are fully charged batteries in it, I don't know what to do to fix this problem.

14 REPLIES 14
jwood7250
Apprentice
Options

Mine started doing this a month ago. First the TV would turn off by itself, or change apps. Then The volume and other selectors quit working. Changed batteries, and followed the on screen prompts. Worked for a week, then 2 days, then 20 minutes, then 5 minutes. TV will start to pair, then it will say no device found. The TV is a Model number QN82Q6FNAF TYPE NO: QN82Q6FNA MODEL CODE: QN82Q6FNAFXZA  I have 3 Samsung smart TV's. They are different sizes but remotes look the same. Tried switching out and pairing the other remotes, no joy. 😞   Was thinking about purchasing another bigger TV,  but this one is the newest (3 years) Not so sure about it now. If these TV's are failing at 3 years old. 

0 Likes
dav_vid
Student
Options

It's changed after last update. I believe this is samsung stupid strategy for you to buy a new TV. After 3 years something need to break down....

cpl
First Poster
Options
Hi, I have a Samsung QE55Q90R where the smart remote won't remain paired to TV. It needs to pair each time the TV is switched on. Would appreciate if anyone can advise solution? Many thanks
jwood7250
Apprentice
Options

Just purchase a Roku hi def box and leave the old samsung remote in a drawer. 

0 Likes
Shrihan
First Poster
Options

I think maybe this will help remove the remote's battaries and close the lid then long press the power button for 8 seconds then open the lid insert the battery close the lid then it may work if it works let me know (I am also a customer)

0 Likes