Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG QE55Q60BAUXXU 55 Smart 4K TV - Postcode unavailable when tuning to Freesat

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 09:34 AM)
domhobbs
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have recently moved into a property in Cheltenham, UK (not a new build) which doesn't have a standard TV aerial. The property has a satellite dish with a split coaxial cable into the property.

I bought the SAMSUNG QE55Q60BAUXXU 55 Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED TV with the assurance that I would be able to plug the satellite aerial directly into the TV and the inbuilt satellite decoder would allow for Freesat TV to be viewed when tuned. 

When I tune the SAMSUNG QE55Q60BAUXXU to Freesat, I'm prompted to enter my UK Postcode. When I enter my postcode, I receive an error message that "The postcode you entered is not available. Channels will be scanned without a postcode". 

I have also tried to tune to Satellite, but the Astra 2E, 2G satellite - which relays the UK Freesat channels - is not available on the list. The channels which are tuned are random international channels and not BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc. 

Therefore, I'm unable to get any of the 'free-to-view' TV channels (BBC, ITV etc) as I can't tune my SAMSUNG QE55Q60BAUXXU 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED TV to Freesat because my postcode is unavailable. The signal quality and strength is apparently 0%. I am able to view international channels, so I don't think it's an issue with my coaxial cable. Is the issue that my satellite dish is misaligned? Why would my postcode be unavailable for Freesat AND unable to find UK Satellites when trying to tune to Astra 2G. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tune my TV to Freesat so I can watch terrestrial TV? Many thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
When you say international channels, are you sure your dish ain't pointed at 13 degrees
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
What international channels are you getting
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Your dish , if installed by a previous owner could be pointing to another satellite and not astra
0 Likes
domhobbs
First Poster
Options

Hi - thanks for your reply. 

When I try to tune to a Satellite, I get a list of ~50 available satellites, including Astra 19.2E, Astra 28.2E, Astra 23.5E, but the satellite can't seem to locate the UK Astra 2G satellite.

0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Astra 2g is on Astra 28.2°E orbital position
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried a satellite box to see if it picks up Astra 28.2°E orbital position
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Just check that your dish is in position Astra 2 satellite at position 28.5 degrees East.
0 Likes