Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame TV (2020) 55' boot loop, switch off by itself

(Topic created on: 24-12-2022 10:56 PM)
Kings-art
Journeyman
Options
Hi all, recently my Samsung Frame started doing a boot loop on startup. I've tried numerous things I including the soft reset, quickly accessing the settings menu to turn of the auto update, turned off auto power off. It's as far as I can go as I literally only have 3 seconds once 'The frame' has been shown then it dissolves off once it has shown the home feature.

I've been able to power it off and power it back on with the remote to quickly access the settings menu and do changes withing 5 seconds before it reboots. I hear a click in the one connect box everytime it restarts like a shutdown click then it boots back up and does the loop over and over again.

TV Model number: QE55LS03T
One connect box: SOC1001T

Is there any method to this madness. I can provide a video if necessary
24 REPLIES 24
Members_JJVeFiB
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have similar issue in  Samsung EU70TU71102K. Did you solve the problem?

Andreadc1
First Poster
Options

Hi. How does consumer rights work with this issue? Samsung wasn’t helpful at all 

kreg1
First Poster
Options

Same issue!

DijonRobinson
First Poster
Options

I have a 55 inch 2020 frame with the same issue… tried just about everything and still broken. I won’t be purchasing any Samsung products ever again. I suggest everyone on here do the same. 

0 Likes
Ultrasoul
First Poster
Options

@Kings-art @JhungAva @grajput @AgainstObsolescence @DijonRobinson @kreg1 @Members_JJVeFiB @mweller4 @abc337 

The Frame TV boot loop is caused by shorted on one of the LCD panel board diode. 

The issue will disappear for some time if you unplug the TV but the boot loop issue will re-manifest after using the TV for some time.

Once the issue happns, the TV will work as normal but then suddenly shut down and you can hear a little click on the connect box. You can turn the TV back on again but within a certain interview the TV will again shut down. 

Samsung's tech will first replace the connect cable but the issue will re-appear in a few months. Then they will try to replace the connect box but the issue will again to re-appear in a few months.

The only solution that will solve the issue is for the tech to replace the panel's board.

See the following threads for additional datapoints- https://www.reddit.com/r/TVRepair/comments/zkhgu4/samsung_the_frame_stuck_in_restart_loop/

0 Likes