Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame Art mode NOT working properly with Apple TV 4K

(Topic created on: 25-01-2021 05:16 PM)
Bory_Brason
Apprentice
Options

Good Afternoon,
For my streaming and digital purchases, I use the Apple TV 4K

I have been able to disable all the Smart Features. We only have the one input of the Apple TV 4K on HDMI one and have our Surround system working on HDMI 3 for sound only.

We want to continue using the Apple TV remote because of Siri. (Unless there is a way to use Siri on the Samsung One)

However when we set the Apple TV to Sleep with the Apple Remote. It goes completely off (not into Art mode) However if we use Samsung Remote (without Siri) it goes into Art Mode.

Is there a configuration change I can make on either device to make ART mode kick in when I put the Apple TV to sleep?

Kind Regards

Bory

22 REPLIES 22
Bory_Brason
Apprentice
Options

bump. Can anyone help me at all?

jjdeck
First Poster
Options

Art mode and ambiance mode are complete failures.  We used them for a week on a frame and a q but the frame you are forced to use their remote to control power of the tv and the q you have to press the ambiance mode button to get it up.  Seems like total bs for a tv that is sold for it looking like art when it's off.

Bory_Brason
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, this is really unfortunate. This would surely be a tiny software tweak

scdonald
First Poster
Options

Just go to HDMI-CEC control section on samsung frame and turn off the option to turn off power over HDMI. Then when you turn off apple tv the tv will stay on and go into art mode.  The hdmi cec controls are under general>external device management>

0 Likes
aaadeji
First Poster
Options

When I go to general>external device management I can only see an option to turn on/off HDMI-CEC. There is no option to turn off power over HDMI. I have The Frame 2021.

RyanNaseri
First Poster
Options

Until today, I used to have Apple TV HD(4th gen) and it was totally fine and put my TV in Art mode each time I select sleep with Siri remote. The only problem was every time I turn on the TV I have to wait few seconds until the Samsung menu disappear, which was fine. 
I just installed my new AppleTV 4K(6th gen) today. and I have your problem now!

FrameTV1
Apprentice
Options

Only option I have on 2020 FrameTV in External Device Manager is “Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)” on/off - software version is 1462 - my issue is the same - sleep 4K AppleTV powers off FrameTV instead of returning it to Art Mode

0 Likes
FrameTV1
Apprentice
Options

Also - only option on AppleTV is in Remotes and Devices to turn on/off “Control TV’s and Receivers”

FrameTV1
Apprentice
Options

tvOS version is 14.6

0 Likes