Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Crystal keeps turning itself off

(Topic created on: 21-07-2024 10:32 PM)
shopperinsc
Student
Options

Our Samsung TV is about 3 years old.  Its software is updated and has been reset to factory settings.  A few months ago, it started turning itself off.  Sometimes it only stays on for about a minute before shutting itself off.  Samsung said they'd set up a repair ticket which will essentially cost as much as a new TV.  Do you have any troubleshooting tips before I trash it?  Thanks!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @shopperinsc  I have a few suggestions, you  may have tried some of them already though and I assume Support ran through a few things.

By any chance are you using a Power surge, if you have a green light on the surge part should be ok.  However if so try plugging directly into a socket to rule that out.   check connections are secure, could  try  disconnecting, unplugging from mains and try again.  some information here https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-troubleshoot-the-samsung-tv-that-keep...     

Another possible fix though is to hold the Power Button on the Remote for 30 seconds till it hopefully Reboots,unplug from mains for 1 minute and try again.  If no joy an idea to see if a flash reset will work:

Under the Samsung logo on the TV you have a small black button about 2-3cm in from the bottom edge. With the tv turned on
1. press the button at the logo for 5-10 seconds
2. Release the button
3. press the Power button on the TV Remote for 5-10 seconds. Tv goes black and then restarts after a while.

However may well be that a replacement is necessary.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

shopperinsc
Student
Options

Thanks for trying.  I tried holding the remote power button for 30 seconds to reboot.  I also tried the steps involving the black button under the Samsung logo.  Unfortunately, that didn't help.  We can hear the TV program, but now the screen is dark.  🙁