Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 75” QLED 60R tv turning on and off continuously

(Topic created on: 02-11-2020 09:13 AM)
MrLude
Student
Options

Hey everyone, my Samsung QLED 75” Q60R tv model: QN75Q60RAFXZA continuously started to just turn on and off over and over with no picture display at all. I had no control of the tv. I had to unplug it. I purchased it on February 2020 and it went bad this October 2020. I can’t believe how short of a lifespan the tv lasted and for what I paid of my hard earned money I am terrified of ever buying a Samsung TV in the future. I already have a tech coming to replace the board inside but I have an uneasy feeling in my stomach that when my warranty expires I will be dropped like an ex girlfriend from Samsung’s warranty. Is there still a chance for me to cough up more of my hard earned money to purchase extended warranty for my tv because I can’t afford to buy another one. I wish Samsung would recognize this is a serious problem with their televisions and offer extra protection at no cost to their customers who made the choice to trust their product and spend the money on them. I will update on what happens after the repair man replaces the board and will pray I get at least 3 more years of good use. 

23 REPLIES 23
mmtphoto
Student
Options

i had this happen to my 70" led just short of one year from purchase, the exact same symptoms.  like pulling teeth, i finally got a tech out to the house to fix it and what they brought with them (a board) did not fix it, so a week and a half later a different tech came out and replaced the screen-it worked flawlessly for about 8 months and is now doing the exact same thing.  obviously this is an issue with these tv's and when it gets fixed i plan on getting rid of it and will not buy another Samsung again,  Great picture, but the first time it did this it took then 6 weeks to fix it, no telling how long this is going to take again, i am done with them. they have no interest in doing the right thing and owning up to the fact these are flawed devices.

Jays Detail
Apprentice
Options

I have never been so disappointed in a company as I am with Samsung!! The flat out lied to me, bold face LIES and I ended up replacing the tv with another brand. Just sickening!!  I believe I made about 20 calls to "support" and was lied to so many times. There is an obvious flaw and they are not willing to own up to it

Wushu1968
First Poster
Options

Mine started having the same exact issue in the past week. Luckily I purchased it with the 5 year warranty. The technician is coming out in a few days to see what's happening. This will definitely be my first and Last Samsung Tv. If they don't resolve the issue, I will definitely see if the retailer will let me return it for another tv. I have seen several videos on YouTube about unplugging and changing the settings, but the problem is still there. After approximately 8 to 10min, it turns off and then turns back on. It also gives me a message to check connections. It also messes with my sound Bar settings. I'm curious if Samsung is ever going to issue a Recall on these TV's. I'm seeing a lot of Pissed Off customers here. 

0 Likes
PMDenney
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem, too, turning on and off, I thought it was the tv but, fortunately, I had and have a piece of equipment by the name of the 'Monster Power' (MP) which indicated 134 watts was being fed into the house. When I googled what MP's said about that number, their website claimed that I should not see more than 125 watts being fed in from my electric company.

Then I called the electrical company and told them my problem, they told me that they would send a tech out to check the issue within 48 hours. However, that was before I told them that my MP was showing 134 watts. So, before we hung up, I then told her the MP was showing 134 watts was being fed into the house, then she sounded concerned and, immediately, said she would get them out there within the hour. And, they were here within a few minutes and the equipment worker, immediately,  turned off the power for the whole block and did some major work here which took several hours. When electric came back on my MP began showing the range was then within 121-124 watts, and has remained consistent for the last 2 years, thanks to my MP.

Now,  this makes me wonder if this is the reason that too much electricity being powered into our homes and, ultimately, into the household equipment may be the reason our electrical equipment seems to go out, one right after the other. I used to say back in the day, that when my electrical equipment would go out pretty much, either simultaneously or one right after the other, that it was just the luck of the draw. I also put surge protectors into my outlets, too because I know that power surges can blow out or wear on our expensive equipment. However, not when the tv goes on and off, like mine did, as you described, and I found the culprit which may have saved mine and possibly save my neighbor's equipment thanks to my MP. Hope my experience helps anyone who may be reading this message.

0 Likes
Jbh1
First Poster
Options

Our 75” is doing the same. No help from Ss. Last one we’ll buy. Just made 1 year. POS

AlanM83
First Poster
Options

It's clear that Samsung have a problem with their QLED TVs and have done for over two years. I'm now on my second QLED and both have developed the same fault i.e. switching off and on themselves. A TV engineer told me that this was a known fault when he came to repair my  5 month old TV in March 2021. After this one broke down a second time and I had to do without a TV for 6 weeks over Christmas I eventually received a replacement. 

The replacement has also now developed the same fault and Samsung say they have no spares to repair it. I have refused another QLED but Samsung will only give me a partial refund if I don't accept another QLED. Why are Samsung still selling QLED TVs when they have a known problem? Do Samsung give a ***** about their customers? As someone who has liked and been loyal to the Samsung brand for several years I suspect that the answer is a big fat "NO"!

I look forward to Monday when I speak to Trading Standards and see what they have to say about a company who are selling TVs which clearly aren't fit for purpose.

mmtphoto
Student
Options

just wanted to add samsung gave me a full refund, by check, for the tv that they said could not be repaired the second time it failed.  i promptly bought an LG, that was about 8 or 9 months ago and all good so far.  no matter what, from what i have read when researching this for over 2 1/2 years this company is having major problems.  too bad they once were almost the standard.

0 Likes
Jazzman_5211
First Poster
Options

My Samsung QN75Q60RAF just started doing this a couple of mornings ago.  I heard it clicking on and off as I was waking up.  It is impossible to troubleshoot it completely because you cannot get it to stay on.  I bought this TV new a couple weeks into Covid, so I guess that is May 2020, and do not even get three years out of it?  First of all, I have three Samsung televisions in my house and my family has them too.  We have bought four units in three years.  I am not talking about the lower end ***** walmart carries, I spend 2000-3000.  That is too much money for a TV that is gonna go out in a couple of years.  It is also too much money for a company to go hiding behind "warranty expired" when it is obvious that so many people are having the same problem.  Situations like this need to be handled like car manufacturers handle widespread problems, and a "recall" should be issued.  There needs to be some sort of program for widespread issues like this.  This isnt about me or the other customers doing something to damage the unit.  This is about Samsung building a bad product that costs a lot of money.  I am sure that they will not take care of the people who have a 2500.00 TV sitting on the floor in a back room that they are just totally frustrated over.  Well, if they do not at least acknowledge this post, I will just have to start getting the word out to people about my experience, and urge them not to buy, and also get the word out however else I can.  If they do man up and do the right thing, I will be buying more products because they do what they are suposed to do.  We will see

MJ

0 Likes
Jays Detail
Apprentice
Options

The company is a joke a d full of lies. I think it's where congressmen go if the get voted out. They lied lied lied to me. Mine was 39 days out of warranty, they lied and said they would be happy to fix it. They lied. I ended up having an independent look at it, he put both boards in, and got it tonat least turn on, kinda, half the screen was toast and ended up shooting it full of holes and throwing it in the garbage can. NEVER again samsung. My LG is wonderful 

0 Likes
Jazzman_5211
First Poster
Options

Well, thats just it. There are options.  They have basically been on top for a while and separated themselves because of quality, or at least made it seem that way.  LG is good, and Sony has some good models.   I can’t afford at this moment to go run out and buy another.  That’s why Samsung needs to step up.  Nobody is trying to scam you.   Just hate being scammed.  

0 Likes