Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 75” QLED 60R tv turning on and off continuously

(Topic created on: 02-11-2020 09:13 AM)
MrLude
Student
Options

Hey everyone, my Samsung QLED 75” Q60R tv model: QN75Q60RAFXZA continuously started to just turn on and off over and over with no picture display at all. I had no control of the tv. I had to unplug it. I purchased it on February 2020 and it went bad this October 2020. I can’t believe how short of a lifespan the tv lasted and for what I paid of my hard earned money I am terrified of ever buying a Samsung TV in the future. I already have a tech coming to replace the board inside but I have an uneasy feeling in my stomach that when my warranty expires I will be dropped like an ex girlfriend from Samsung’s warranty. Is there still a chance for me to cough up more of my hard earned money to purchase extended warranty for my tv because I can’t afford to buy another one. I wish Samsung would recognize this is a serious problem with their televisions and offer extra protection at no cost to their customers who made the choice to trust their product and spend the money on them. I will update on what happens after the repair man replaces the board and will pray I get at least 3 more years of good use. 

23 REPLIES 23
mcdougaj
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, did you ever get it resolved?

0 Likes
Larry75
Student
Options

I have the same problem with my 75 inch, UN75H6350. No Help from Samsung. Was either of you able to resolve your issues?

0 Likes
Jays Detail
Apprentice
Options

I have the same exact thing going on. I have a very expensive non operative tv on the wall. Has anyone been successful in repairing this wrech of a tv?

0 Likes
AngelHeart76
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my Q9FN. The case is often tagged as "bootloop". Techs will replace the board as the TV is still under warranty. Feels like Samsung QLED reliability is very poor.

0 Likes
Jays Detail
Apprentice
Options

I had a tech come tonthe house and performed a board swap, power and main board. Still the same issue.  Samsung has pledged to repair it although it's 30 days put of warranty, but they have no service center within 400 miles of me so I was advised to have an independent repair shop look at it. Seems the screen is the issue. I'm not sure what to do now

0 Likes
Shayhoon
Journeyman
Options

Mine just started that. 

0 Likes
Shayhoon
Journeyman
Options

What steps did you take to resolve this?

0 Likes
RO28
First Poster
Options

Mine does the same thing Samsung is trying to have a service center come and fix it . From  what I have read the same thing will happen once they fix it sounds like a POS TV 

0 Likes
MrLude
Student
Options

Well just to update you all this QLED is a curse. The problem with my tv ended up being the whole screen failed. The tech replaced the whole screen on the tv only for three months later a line appeared on the “new” screen and has been there to this day! I called again and they told me that their service center they use said I’m too far away but the came out the first time so Wtfffffffff. Oh by the way the replacement screen was totally uncalibrated and the repair person said I had to call Samsung about that that he couldn’t access the service menu. Well I did and was lucky enough that the Samsung guy new what to do so he remotely set the settings. So yeah I am stuck with a tv that barely gave me one year of trouble fee use that cost me nearly $3000. I haven’t called them back because they make me feel like it’s my fault the tv is having problems. I just don’t trust Samsung brand anymore with their electronics. I am praying my Samsung washer and dryer give me at least 5 years of service. 🫣

0 Likes