Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 02-12-2021 03:50 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

480 REPLIES 480
Frustrated18908
Student
Options

Thanks, I guess my question was worded wrong. I was not sure if 

1. They made a fix and know the issue, but the fix isnt working 

or

2.  They did not address the issue. 

Either way, it sounds like its not working. I would hope they know the issue exists, but they dont seem to address it at all. 

0 Likes
Tomscarborough
Pioneer
Options

They definitely know the issue exists but choose to acknowledge that it is an acceptable characteristic and working exactly to their specification ... read through the previous posts and you will see that they have been made aware by many with the problem.

0 Likes
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

As others have said, unfortunately this doesn’t nothing to fix the motion processing stutter we are all experiencing. I don’t think it will ever be fixed now but at least game mode with GMP turned on (sliders to zero) is a decent work around for external sources.

change log is here (was posted on another Samsung thread)

Update version 2101.2 - October 2021 

• A bug has been fixed that could result in being automatically logged out of Spotify.
  • Certificates have been renewed.
  • A bug in the display of subtitles has been fixed.
  • The data transfer has been improved.
  • Screen mirroring has been improved.
  • The interaction with SmartThings has been improved.
  • Added support for wireless USB microphones.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause audio dropouts.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause connection problems after restarting.
  • Fixed a bug that could prevent apps from opening.
0 Likes
dave42358
Explorer
Options

I suspect we can only hope in vain that they will ever address the movement processing problem. I'd even be happy to know they are even working on it but with their catch-all fob off of "your TV is working withing specification", that implies they don't consider it an issue. It could even be hardware? Perhaps they didn't put a fast enough processor in it?

How come all the review sites I read before choosing a Q90T didn't pick up on it?

Anyway, in order to make the best of things, has anyone found any better settings for movement processing than "Auto" on Picture Clarity Settings? I've not been able to find any improvement myself.

0 Likes
Tomscarborough
Pioneer
Options

The reply I had from their senior management was ... there isn't an issue and these TVs are working as intended, I would say that Samsung are smart enough to know that anyone still putting up with the issues after so long will probably have left it too late to reject ... and they aren't going to waste time and money looking for a problem they don't acknowledge.

Legal action is the way forward if you want to get your money back, there is more than enough evidence in the public domain ... I doubt Samsung would even bother showing up to contest an action in the 'small claims court'.

0 Likes
Robert Hungary
First Poster
Options

Hi there, 

Same problem here with a brand new Q60A. As I can see, Samsung knows the issue but do nothing with that, which is weird since there are a lot of people out there with this problem.

Well, I’ll probably return this garbage and buy an LG instead :smiling-face: This is the first time I purchase a Samsung device, and I’m pretty sure it is the last time as well.

Bye Samsung, and really, ***** you for this..

0 Likes
Tomscarborough
Pioneer
Options

Well that's a worrying development then as it's not only the 2020 models ... but if Samsung aren't going to acknowledge an issue then it still remains a lottery.

Whatever the issue is, it doesn't appear to effect everyone's viewing set up but anyone holding out for a fix should take note regarding the 2020 T series ... it isn't going to happen, send it back before you leave it too late.

0 Likes
Rev007
Explorer
Options

Hi .I've be doing some playing about with settings .at the moment  I have no stutter yet .you have to go into the engineer menu and turn on flickerless  and motion blur .(this will delete all your settings!!!!!!).then I have it on movie mode and motion clarity  on custom blur on 5 and judder on 3 .(just enough not to have soap opera effect ).

Please could I get feed back on this ,just incase I'm starting  to just belive it has gone !🤣🤣🤣

0 Likes
MiaSanMia88
First Poster
Options

Hi @Rev007 could you provide steps whicu you take?

0 Likes
Rev007
Explorer
Options

Hi.just noticed a bit of judder on the chase 😪.but if you put the other settings on in the engineer  menu and put in game mode and put  game mode motion sliders  to 00 . You will find that it is alot smoother.i find looking at the sky sports news info bar  movement  is alot better and credits on screen .to get menu up for engineer  is turn tv off then press info settings mute the power .but remember  it resets everything  on your settings ,do not touch any settings other than what I said .it can knacker your tv otherwise  👍

0 Likes